Dr. Holley's Drops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. Holley's Drops

I ordered my son Dakrina, Dwell and Nutra drops to try. Can these drops be used with contacts? He has dry eyes and irregular cornea surfaces due to an autoimmune condition. We have tried many drops also, and are hoping these will help him.
    Thanks,
    Vicki

Official answer:

(a) They are not FDA labelled for this purpose. Without wanting to bore you with a dissertation on the regulatory process... artificial tears can't be labelled as both eye lubricants and contact lens wetters at the same time, because eye lubricants are technically "drugs" and lens wetters are technically "devices" and... whoops, there I go giving a boring dissertation on the regulatory process

(b) Speak with your son's eye doctor about it, and if your doctor has questions ask him/her to give us a call. Some doctors are comfortable with their patients using artificial tear products on contacts, some are not.

(c) Another way to approach it is apply them shortly before putting in the contacts. With Dwelle and Dakrina I'd leave about 10 minutes in between.

Unofficial answer: I do it.

Come to think of it if you're talking about using them with the sclerals specifically, give Dr. Rosenthal or Dr. Johns a call. I think they're OK with the idea of NutraTear on the lenses (and that's what I use on mine).

If you have any questions when your son starts trying these, feel free to call The Dry Eye Company's help line at 877-MY DRY EYES between 9 and 5 Pacific time.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
    X