Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyaluronic Acid

Hi,

I read about eye drops in Europe with Hyaluronic Acid or Hyaluronan. Does anybody use them or know about them? Do they work and can you get them in the US or even Canada?

Thanks Uli
    Last edited by fbieler; 21-Nov-2006, 07:42. Reason: Typo

Welcome!

You may want to use the Search feature for this subject. There HAS been quite a bit of discussion about it.

Possible search words:

Hyaluronic Acid
    Sodium Hyaluronate

I posted a few studies that showed that it *really* helped to *improve* ocular surface issues.

Best of luck!
    Neil

Comment

Hi there!

I'm using eyedrops with hyaluronic acid on a daily basis. It's the best tear subsitute I've found so far. I still have a lot of discomfort, but those drops are at least helping a little. There are many different drops with hyaluronic acid on the market, and my experience that all of them feel different from each other in the eye (since the other components (than hyaluronic acid) in the drops change from brand to brand.

I've been sticking to a drop called Hylo-Comod from Ursapharm for a period now. There has been some discussions on this site about this drop as they caused calcifications in the eyes of some patients (these patients used the drop very, very frequently). I've had a discussion with my eyedoctor about it though, and I've decided to still use it as it's the only drop that is giving me some comfort.

Greetings from Toril

Comment

have been told that these new drops, Ocusan 0.2% hyaluronic preservative free are now available on prescription in the UK. I have been paying for them up to now via www.ocusan.co.uk but will now try to get them from my doctor.

The think i like is the vial can be resealed and used for 12 hours after opening and the vial has about 12-15 drops. I was also told that they are safe to use multiple times a day as they have a low phosphate level

Hope you have some success getting hold of them

Comment

Working...
        X