Why is FreshKote so expensive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is FreshKote so expensive?

I finally got a prescription to purchase this eye drop. After the insurance picked up their part, my co-pay was $25 for 15 ml bottle. Why is this so expensive?

Is this what everyone else is paying too?

Think Restasis.........think advertising.........think big (or little) drug companies who have to make a profit.

We used to be able to get this for $10 before it went commercial. However, if this is a really good drop and will help some, then it's a good thing. Just not good for those with limited funds.
    Last edited by Lucy; 21-Nov-2006, 10:18. Reason: typo
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

hmm, I paid $20 for a 15 ml bottle and my insurance didn't pick up any of it. I thought it was a reasonable price. It's my favorite drop.

Comment

Sparrow, did you get Freshkote as a prescription drop? It is recently being marketed as a prescription and previously was only available by direct order. I don't have the entire info, so I'll leave it at that.

Did you have a prescription written by your eye doc and present it to a pharmacy? If so, and you paid $20.......wonder what the deal is. Or, did you buy this directly before it became available via RX?
        Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Working...
        X