drops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drops

hello-as a newcomer, I need some help. I bought Dakrina and Dwelle. I am also thinking about asking my MD for Freshkote. My question is: how would I use the Freshkote? In place of one of the other drops? Or in addition to? Is Freshkote a new formulation of the other two? Thanks!

Originally posted by lionleaper
    My question is: how would I use the Freshkote? In place of one of the other drops?
    I would check with your doctor about that one. My personal opinion is that all of these drops can be "mixed & matched" as needed but when you're getting anything on prescription you should stick with your doctor's advice.

Is Freshkote a new formulation of the other two?
    Dwelle = Original formulation
    Dakrina = Dwelle plus vitamin A
    FreshKote = Dwelle plus Amisol Clear (a proprietary lipid-containing ingredient)

FreshKote is the most recently formulated of the three, but it is not a reformulation of the the others so much as it is a variation on the original theme. They share the same underlying polymeric blending which has the high oncotic pressure and special "wetting" properties, but FreshKote introduces the lipid component as well, so as to address the lipid deficiency issue common in dry eye. It's an excellent drop and for anyone who has seen benefits with Dwelle and/or Dakrina I think it's worth trying.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
    X