Life Saver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life Saver

I don't know how many of you have tried it, but on our recent trip to Mayo in Rochester, I found that the Visine Pure Tears pump type bottle was something I couldn't do without. We had so much stuff we had to carry around and trying to manage the individual vials of tears was just impossible unless we were in the hotel room.

I had to use it more often than the Bion Tears but it was just invaluable for traveling. No waste and lots of convience.

Billye

Thanks for the helpful hint, SilverLady! Does anyone know the latest on carrying eyedrops on airplanes? I need to look into this quickly as I don't know how I would do if I don't have eyedrops available for several hours... We are traveling on December 26th. I need to search the internet perhaps to find out the latest!

Comment

Judy,

my (very recent) experience is that you have to keep liquids in a small ziplock bag, they are scanned separately and returned to you. There is an upper limit of 3fl.oz (I think) but generally you can take with you as many drops as you can fit it that small plastic (transparent) bag. I stuffed 3 or 4 bottles in the baggie and got through without any questions/problems.

Comment

Current travel restrictions on liquids

Please see this link for current details.

MAKE SURE you use a 1-QUART size ziplock bag. Might sound like a trivial detail, but that's how they're able to measure how much liquid is going on board and there have been plenty of reports of them blocking anything in larger bags like the common 1-gallon sized ones.
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

Many thanks to both Cristinalatina and Rebecca for providing the link also!

Comment

Working...
          X