Dwelle rather than Dakrina for Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dwelle rather than Dakrina for Day

I have tried all 3 of your drops and have found that Dwelle during the day seems to be the answer to my dry eye problems (post-Lasik). I'm just curious, since Dwelle is meant for night-time, am I out in left field or does anyone else prefer Dwelle for day? The Dakrina seems to sting a bit, and doesn't seem to leave my eyes feeling as good for as long. I can go 3-4 hours between 1 drop/eye with Dwelle

Thanks for input, JO

All in the labeling suggestions. Many of us use all of the drops interchangably.
    If Dwelle works well for you, count yourself blessed! You need not be concerned if it's daytime, night or whatever. I have used all 3 drops for over 5 years. For Dwelle- you must be scrupulous about wiping your lashes with a wet tissue or washcloth after installation so you don't have any residue buildup on lashes. Won't kill you--just best to avoid buildup by keeping lash area clean. Happy Dwelle-ing, day or night.

Lucy
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Glad you're getting some relief with them Jo!!!

Originally posted by JOCLEO
      am I out in left field or does anyone else prefer Dwelle for day?
      Lots of people actually. - Myself included, sometimes.

These drops have been around for about 15 years but the "Night/Day" labelling distinction was just a suggestion we came up with last year when we were trying to get them back on the market - we needed a simple way to distinguish them from each other so that doctors' offices (who deal with an awful lot of drops) would have a rough guideline on what to suggest to which patients. It's not that Dwelle was designed to be used only at night or that it is actually much thicker. But it does leave a bit more residue, and I have always thought of it as the 'heavier-duty' drop of the two in terms of its efficacy on a severe condition. Unfortunate by-product of that marketing call was that some people assume there's no point using it during the day - or even, never try it at all because they assume it will be thicker than they like.

Every now and then I ponder what other approach would work better... I hope before long we can rename them altogether. To something pronounceable . I'd love to revert to the "internet" name I first knew them by: Dr. Holly's Drops. Maybe "Original" [Dwelle] and "Enhanced with Vitamin A" [Dakrina].
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
      X