Announcements about launch of our products and newsletter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sticking is wetting

Perhaps this is a good place here to put my two cents worth. When I first started to study tear film physiology (1969) the concept of wetting was not even thought of. It is still somewhat of a mystery to many. I will try to clarify it here.

Wetting a solid can be done by any liquid even though the liquid is usually water. Wetting really means that the water molecules will be attracted to the solid surface not only to each other. If the water molecules are attracted to the solid surface more than to each other, we talk about complete wetting.

To form a thin aqueous film over the eye surface the artificial tear has to wet the surface completely.

These eye drops achieve complete wetting of even water-repelling surfaces due to the fact that they contain a mixture of two polymers that are similar to each other, attract water but have certain locations along the polymer chain where there are little "suction cups" distributed in a certain pattern. These suction cups can attach to a water-repelling surface such as the dry eye surface - via hydrophobic bonding - and hold down the polymer chain for a long period of time. Since the majority of sites on the polymer chain is water attracting, this process will stabilize the tear film over the eye surface. This is very important because the ocular surface cells cannot tolerate being exposed to the atmosphere.

The formulators of the other eye drops on the market do not seem to realize what complete wetting is, how to achieve it, or even whether that is important at all.

By implications, perhaps this also explains why these drops are found to be effective with contact lenses. The drops makes the contact lens surface also more wettable.

The high oncotic pressure unique to Dwelle and Dakrina are also important in healing the epithelium. But this is another topic altogether.

I hope this will help some.
    [SIZE="3"]Dr. Holly[/SIZE]

Comment

I want to order these drops...Where do I call or email to order them?

Comment

They will be available starting next Tuesday on this website.

All registered bulletin board users who have not specifically checked the box to prevent emails from the bulletin board administrator will be automatically receiving our newsletter, the first issue of which will be simultaneous with the launch of the shop and will contain a link.

If you checked the "do not contact" box but DO want to be on the newsletter mailing list, please send an email to news@dryeyezone.com with the word "subscribe" in the subject line or body.
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

Psst... Shop's open: www.dryeyezone.com/shop

Available: Dwelle/Dakrina sample set; 15mL Dwelle; 15mL Dakrina; 15mL NutraTear. (Sorry, no NutraTear samples available at this time.)

Payment types: For the moment, Visa/Mastercard credit or debit. We will be adding Discover and Amex shortly.

Shipping & handling: Flat S&H charge of $4.75 for any quantity. Expected shipping time 3-5 days plus one day for order processing.

If you would like your doctor to receive information and samples of these drops, please send their contact details to: info@dryeyezone.com.

Questions, comments, problems with the shopping cart software etc - give us a call anytime on 1-877-693-7939 or email us at shop@dryeyezone.com.
          Rebecca Petris
          The Dry Eye Foundation
          dryeyefoundation.org
          800-484-0244

Comment

Ordered mine...hope they scream off the shelves!

Comment

Just ordered my "stash." Mis-typed my own zip code, but the software caught it and gave me a chance to correct. My eyes feel better already!

Comment

I was first

Well, Mary, I already HAVE my stash. It's been ordered, paid for and received. I just wanted to add that I was first (before you). Also, I was going to post about the excellent service but didn't.

I was delighted with the prompt delivery of my products. If you're curious (and I know you're not) I ordered one of each! The process was easy, apparently picking up on your typo! I'm impressed!
                Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Freshkote

I have tried all of Dr. Holly's drops. I've been using Freshkote for a couple of years--this drop continues to help me the most of any drop I've tried. Do you have any idea when Freshkote be available through your site? Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by rgrint
                    I have tried all of Dr. Holly's drops. I've been using Freshkote for a couple of years--this drop continues to help me the most of any drop I've tried. Do you have any idea when Freshkote be available through your site? Thank you!
                    The Dry Eye Company was not able to acquire the rights to distribute FreshKote. I believe that Freshkote will become commercially available next year, however. We know there are several users of the product waiting for it to come back out and we will post an announcement here when there is any firm information about it.
                    Rebecca Petris
                    The Dry Eye Foundation
                    dryeyefoundation.org
                    800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
                    X