Genteal gel availablity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genteal gel availablity

I am excited to have just found this web site. I have used several products for my severe dry eyes, but nothing works like Genteal gel. I live near Portland OR and can no longer find this product. Any one know where I might find it? I have checked at Walmart, Fred Meyer, Safeway, Albertsons, and a Pharmacy. Thanks,
    George

Hi George,

Welcome to Dry Eye Talk!!

Genteal Gel has been on back-order by the manufacturer for some months now. Some retailers ran out of it sooner than others. The last we heard from Novartis, it is expected to be available again sometime this summer. Please see this thread.

We will have free samples of Dwelle available starting next Tuesday, which may help tide you over the gap. It's a drop, not a gel, but many of us have had excellent results with it as an overnight protectant.

Regards,
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Dwelle

Where do you get Dwelle-- and who is the manufacturer? I have used Genteal with great results, but obviously we can't get it right now. I have been using the Refresh PM ointment overnight but it is nasty and it doesn't do such a good job. I found a tube of Genteal in my vacation bag (WOO HOO!) so I have that for the next couple of weeks but I would like to try this other one.

Thanks so much!

Comment

Dwelle was recently acquired by The Dry Eye Company so it is our own "in house" product. It will be available starting Tuesday June 14th at this website.
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

Substitute for Genteal?

Hi,

My dog has severe dry eye and she uses genteal eye gel several times a day. She is also on two perscription medications for dry eye.(This is a common problem with her breed of dog).

I have tried to find a substitute for the genteal but have been unsuccessful.
          I am looking for a gel because she will not tolerate eye drops.

I am having trouble finding a gel with the same active ingredients as genteal. Do you have any suggestions?

We just used our last tube and I am desperatly trying to find something else!

Comment

To Julie re: dry eye in your dog

Have you tried the Ocusoft "Tears Again" gel? Your dog might tolerate that okay. It's not as good as GenTeal, but sort of the same concept.

Comment

rery eye in dog

Thank You,
              I will look into Ocusoft.

Comment

Working...
              X