Allergan Refresh Lubricant Eye Drops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allergan Refresh Lubricant Eye Drops

Has anyone here ever used Allergan Refresh Lubricant Eye Drops (NOT Refresh Plus) before? They look like this:
    http://pics.drugstore.com/prodimg/12159/200.jpg

They are very hard to find and Refresh does not even advertise for them anymore on their main site but they can still be purchased at Drugstore.com. I can't find them in regular stores but did find them on drugstore.com.

They are much cheaper than Refresh Endura. They are 17.99 for 50 vials on Drugstore.com.

I was interested in these drops because I read on www.dryeyepain.com that the ingredients in them are the least irritating for sensitive eyes. Interestingly, they have the same active ingredients as Dr. Holly's drops, polyvinyl alcohol and povidone but the benefit is that they are preservative free.

If you used these, please let me know how they were for you. Thanks! Also, thanks Rebecca for this wonderful site!

Allergan actually has 2 very similarly named products that make this more confusing:

"Refresh Tears" - which, like Refresh Plus, are carbomethylcellulose.
    "Refresh Lubricant Eye Drops" - which are PVA and povidone.

A comment on the ingredients point.... PVA is used in Hypotears (which like the Refresh Tears seems to have a pretty strong following amongst some Sjogrens patients) Refresh Lubricant Eye Drops, and all of Dr. Hollys Drops (dwelle, dakrina, freshkote, nutratear). Dr. Holly's drops have a blending of hydrolysis levels - 99% and 87% hydrolyzed PVA, which is directly related to the high oncotic pressure.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

dear rebecca,
      thanks for your reply. yeah, i was interestred in "Refresh Lubricant Eye Drops" - which are PVA and povidone. any experience on those? thanks.

Comment

I tried them

Hi,
        After reading this thread I went looking for those because I wanted to try a drop without CMC or Hypromellose. I found them at the first store, a Long's Drug Store in Santa Cruz, CA.

I liked them. They feel great going in. Cool and soothing. They're thin and watery, yet nicely slick. Beyond that I can't really say, as it's just too soon to tell especially since the weather is unusually dry right now.

They're out there, keep searching. Thanks for passing on the info.

Charmee

Comment

Working...
        X