GenTeal Gel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GenTeal Gel from Australia

I also have ordered from the Australian Company and they indicated they would be shipping my order out. I have tried the one from Australia for the last couple of nights and it seems to work just as well as the one purchased here in the USA. I was leery also but so far it is working for me.

Comment

I received GenTeal gel from Australia ( www.emedical.com.au ) - a very quick response and very reasonable in price compared to the Viscotears ($18.95) I buy in NZ. The Viscotears (Carbomer 980 2 mg/g - Novartis) suits me for night time (and occasionally in the day when I don't mind blurry vision for 5 minutes) but it contains Cetrimide for preservative (0.01%) which is cytotoxic to the ocular surface and frequent and excessive use should be avoided. (See article titled 'Ocular therapeutics' from Clinical and Experimental Optometry March 2003 by Dr Julie Albietz and others). I found this article on the internet (someone referred to it somewhere and it is interesting - Australian based) and it also mentions Poly Gel (Alcon - Carbomer 3 mg/g - no preservative/ single use containers) which was given to me by my medical Dr and is good for night-time. I found the single use containers a bit stiff to squeeze in the middle of the night when I wake but don't want to turn the light on. (I don't want to disturb hubby!) I find I have to use gel 2-3 times in the night when I wake, and these carbomer ones don't leave crystals on my lids and I wake up feeling OK, and not glued up! This GenTeal gel could be even better - we will see tonight!
      It is great reading all your contributions and I do not feel so lonely after all!
      Cheers to you all from soppy wet wintry NZ!
      Dotanne
      When the going gets tough - the tough get going!

Comment

Aussie Genteal Gel

I received my order of Genteal Gel from Australia yesterday! Woohoo! I ordered from the company that Gaye mentioned - www.nationalpharmacies.com.au. Service was great and prices reasonable. $6.95 Australian dollars per tube and $8.00 shipping for all. It came in a little over a week and the package was in great condition. I was impressed.

Thanks again Gaye for the tip!

-Lori

Comment

GenTeal Gel

I just received my shipment today from the other company in Australia
          www.emedical.com.au and it is the same as the gel I received from the National Pharmacies company, so they are consistant and the ingredients are the same as the U.S. version. Everyone should feel okay ordering from either of these companies.

Comment

Genteal Gel

I recently ordered GenTeal Gel from a company I found online that is in Canada. I was a little skeptical so I only ordered 2 tubes. It came today and although the tube is different, the ingredients are the same and it works the same. It was $11.99 for a 10ml tube plus $5.99 shipping and handling. The website is www.GetCanadianDrugs.com.

Also, I just read on the Novartis website (the company that makes GenTeal Gel) that they apologize for the lack of product and that they should have a substantial amount back on the market by October 2005.

Good Luck!

Comment

GenTeal Gel

That is great news! Hope they mean it.

Comment

Wow....I have been searching and searching for months! I just stumbled accross this site and I love it! I think I have tried EVERYTHING that is available over the counter for my severe dry eyes....But nothing works like Genteal GEL. I'm glad they finally put something on their website to let us know that it is indeed going to be on the shelves again by October..THANK GOD! Without the stuff, I've had trouble at night. My eyes seem to be GLUED together...its soo weird and it hurts soo bad when I TRY to open them. Its been a nightmare. Thanks for the info everyone!

Comment

To Gkanou Re: GenTeal Gel

Hello - welcome to a great site for information, support and awesome members! If you are in need of some GenTeal Gel now, just email me with your address and I will send you a tube to last you until they have it on the market again. Some of us have bought it from an Australian website because we couldn't wait until October. I personally cannot make it through a night without it. My email is afrooninckx@cox.net

Gaye

Comment

I just ordered two tubes of Genteal Gel from National Pharmacies.... How long did your orders take to get to the States?

Comment

GenTeal Gel

Hi again - it took about a week to get here, and was so much less expensive than the price I paid here in the U.S.

Gaye

Comment

Thanks sooo much Gaye!

Comment

Also, I just read on the Novartis website (the company that makes GenTeal Gel) that they apologize for the lack of product and that they should have a substantial amount back on the market by October 2005.

Good Luck![/QUOTE]

I hope so, I'm using Refresh Liquigel Drops to help heal the incision for my cataract surgery but I feel sticky with it. It's easier to get out of the bottle but I do prefer GenTel Gel.
                          GOGO

Comment

I got my package of Genteal Gel tubes from National Pharmacies in Australia today!!! VERY QUICK SERVICE (ordered on the 11th and received on the 17th)... Like someone stated before, the packaging is different, but it is the same thing! I recommend National Pharmacies as well! Their price + shipping was still cheaper than I get it at any store here in the US. I thought that was odd.. but oh well. I'm happy I have my gel back for nighttime relief! Thanks to all for the info!

Comment

Working...
                            X