Dwelle, Dakrina & NutraTear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lucy
    JRE, indeed you are a lightweight in the dry eye department!
    Yeah, in this crowd, I certainly can't complain!

Comment

Originally posted by JRE
      Whoa, that makes me think of a good idea. How about a glow in the dark cap or stripe on the bottle??? How many times do you fumble around the nightstand looking for drops?
      Y'know, I really like that!!!!!!

Our manufacturer, of course, would take one sideways look at me and collectively double over in laughter ("You want whaaaaaaat?")

I wonder are there glow-in-the-dark markers that might work for that? I'd love to put some on my drops and Unisol.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

Originally posted by JRE
        Dwelle and Dakrina - these seem to be identical to me, at least as far as I can feel. Both can give your lashes and surrounding skin a healthy film if you don't clean them soon after applying the drops - more so than other drops I have tried. For some reason, to me, they make my eyes feel drier? Sounds weird but maybe it's just becuase they become sticky? Maybe it's my method of application. I'm the type that can't drop directly in my eye, I need to drop it in the corner and let it bleed in. My aim isn't always good
        The feeling that the eyes are drier after instilling drops happens to me with just about ANY drop I have ever tried, except NutraTear. For me [with allergic conjunctivitis, inflammation, autoimmune issues, history of GPC, etc., etc.,] the reason seems to be a sensitivity or reaction to something in the product, either an allergic/inflammatory response or a surface discomfort/irritation. Before I figured this out, I would continue to use a product even if my eyes began to feel drier after instilling them and ended up with a raging case of allergic conjunctivitis.

I know we all have a wide range of dry eye symptoms from a wide range of different causes so it makes sense that our treatment options would be a wide range as well. But this tendency that you are referring to JRE (and often happens to me), is not very well understood, it seems. I sometimes wonder if some dry eye patients experience the same thing and instead of simply changing the brand of drops, they keep instilling them more and more often--the drops feel good when first instilled, but within a few hours, the eyes actually feel worse. So more drops . . .

NutraTear - I like these drops. They do a good job of wetting my eyes. My only fear is that I'll drip them on a white shirt and stain it. Anyone know if the red will stain?
        I LOVE NutraTear! It is the only wetting drop I have found that doesn't cause my eyes an allegic/inflammatory response.

As for the red color, I discover countless pink drips on my pillowcase in the morning . . . but they always wash clean.

But the red color did cause a problem of another sort: One day I was using a tissue . . . [I have allergies, like I said ] and I was about to rush out and see my doctor because I thought I had yet another sinus infection . . . . when I realized it was just the red from the NutraTear "migrating". . . .

Scout
        Last edited by Scout; 24-Jun-2005, 17:55. Reason: typos and clarity

Comment

Working...
        X