Lacriserts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lacriserts

I heard from a dry eye patient today who is a long-time user of Lacriserts and was contacted by her pharmacist who said Merck is not making any more and that the pharmacy will not be able to get any more and that supplies are dwindling nationwide.

I don't have any more information at the moment, such as whether the products (or something similar) will be taken up by someone else but wanted to post a heads-up and see if any current Lacriserts users know anything more about this.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Hi,
    I have just joined, it sure was nice to find some folks that understand.
    I was just curious, what are Lacriserts?

Comment

Shameless plug for Dry Eye Encyclopedia

Welcome to DryEyeTalk, SkyGoddess!

You can read about Lacriserts here, in the Dry Eye Encyclopedia.

If you haven't yet visited the main DryEyeZone site (of which DryEyeTalk is just one part), I suggest you wander on over and poke around. In addition to the encyclopedia, there is a ton of reference material, FAQs, industry news, and an on-line DryEyeShop where you can read about and purchase a variety of dry-eye-related items. At the top of this page, there are links to DryEyeZone, DryEyeShop, and the encyclopedia.

Perhaps some DryEyeTalk veterans would like to share their experience with Lacriserts?

Comment

Information

From Moisture Seekers, January 2007 issue.......................
        "Lacrisert" was recently sold by Merck and Co, to Aton Pharma, Inc. For more info go to www.atonrx.com..........or call 1-877-ATON-549

I have not gone to the website and don't plan to, but those interested in following Lacrisert info may want to check it out.
        Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Lacriserts

FYI..I called the number 877-ATON-549 and was told that Lacriserts will still be available.

Comment

Working...
          X