Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FreshKote; is it a vaso-constrictor?

Hello All,

I'm looking to try FreshKote and in my reading of the literature it was hard to tell if it's a vaso-constrictor like the old Visine (which can enlarge veins in the eyes) or not. Is it a vaso-constrictor? To confirm what I believe to be true, can it be used with contacts?

Thanks a million.

Best wishes,
    JoeB

Originally posted by JoeB
    Hello All,

I'm looking to try FreshKote and in my reading of the literature it was hard to tell if it's a vaso-constrictor like the old Visine (which can enlarge veins in the eyes) or not. Is it a vaso-constrictor?
    No, it is a lubricant. See www.freshkote.com.

To confirm what I believe to be true, can it be used with contacts?
    That information on its own will not tell you what a drop is. The FDA regulates contact lens wetting drops in a completely different way (devices) than it regulates lubricants and other drops placed directly in the eye (drugs).

Here is one easy rule of thumb: If it is on this list, it is most definitely NOT a vaso-constrictor.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

I just got some free samples of FreshKote from my eye doctor last month. I'm glad I got free samples because the drops didn't work out for me. FreshKote is prescription only, so I'm sure it costs more than regular OTC lubricating eyedrops. Ask your eye doctor if he/she has any samples so you won't be wasting money if you don't like the drops. By the way, they are not made for rewetting contact lenses and not approved for that use.
      Cause of dry eyes: Meibomian Gland Dysfunction

Comment

Thank you

Thank you for the answers. I'm trying FreshKote and unforutunately it doesn't seem to be doing too much for me. We'll see.

Best wishes,
        JoeB

Comment

Working...
        X