Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sprechen Sie Deutsch? Speak German?

Hi,
    On a recent trip to Germany, I found a eyedrop I liked at the Apotheke, Hylo-comod. My german is only so-so, and I am not sure if a similar product is available in the U.S. The ingredient I need translating is Hyaluronsäure , Natriumsalz. I get that it is an acid of some sort, and sodium, can anyone give me a bit more info?
    Thanks,

May be worth searching the forum for that drop. It's been discussed here a few times.

I bought some in Germany while I was there. Toril (Norway), I believe, uses it. Likewise Kakinda (France).

I'm fairly sure it's hyaluronic acid a/k/a sodium hyaluronate--a good thing. It's also provided, these days, in a PF forumulation--an even better thing. Stateside, there are drops (eg, Blink, Aquify) that DO use Sodium Hyaluronate in pretty low concentrations--IIRC, similar to hylo-comod. Watch for preservatives, though--I'D say any preservatives. I'm not sure if you can get the Hyaluronate in a PF drop. Might wanna' Google around a bit to see....

Next time .... will you take me? Do they still give y'all buddy passes??

Und ... Ich KANN ein wenig Deutsche sprechen, Ja!

Comment

Danke für deine Hilfe!

( That means, Thanks for your help, in case anyone was wondering)

Tschüs!

Comment

Fraulein Skygoddess! Wie geht's?
        Actually i don't use Hylocomod anymore but Vismed PF in single use vials (hyaluronate in a slightly higher concentration).
        Hylocomod contains hyaluronic acid but I don't think it's available in the US. Es tut mir leid! Aber... I posted something on medical news regarding the availability of VISMED in the US (last month or so). You may want to check that when it's available.

There was also this issue about too much potassium in Hylocomod (one of Neil's post i believe) and that's not very good when you have epithelial disorders (it may cause calcifications during healing) so I prefer using Vismed.
        They told me they changed their formula but i never got the details of the new formula so I can't guarantee it. If you don't have frequent abrasions, ulcers, RCE and so on you shouldn't worry.
        But Toril (who has no epithelial disorder) is still using it so maybe contact her as she may detail the current ingredients for you...well at least in Norwegian or was that the Danish manufacturer?

mit vorzüglicher hochachtungsvoll. I hope i got that right?

PS: I'm part German -grandmother- but I'm still puzzled by this language...
        Last edited by kakinda; 13-Mar-2007, 04:38. Reason: replaced a sentence in due context to facilitate understanding...

Comment

Hi, Skygoddess!

As Neil and Kakinda were saying...yes, I'm using Hylo-Comod from Ursapharm. In the leaflet it says that 1 ml. of the drop contains 1 mg. hyaluronic acid, natrium salt, natriumhydrogenphosphate, sorbitol (D-glucitol) and water.

Hylo-Comod is one of the better eye lubricating drops I have tried so far.

Greetings from Toril, Norway

Comment

Thanks Y'all,
            ( for translation see re-runs of Andy Griffith Show or The Beverly Hillbilies)

Comment

Working...
            X