Found: SOOTHE EYE DROPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found: SOOTHE EYE DROPS

Hi, many of you have been looking for Soothe eye drops. My doc gave me a sample and then said he didn't know where you could buy them. Genteal gel is another that has "disappeared."

Soothe is new and I never got a chance to really try it beyond my sample bottle. Today at Walmart, I found Soothe in stock. I bought 2 bottles and this should give me a chance to see if I like it. They did not have Genteal gel. I haven't used Genteal gel in a long time, but as soon as I know you can't get something--I need/want it.
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Originally posted by Lucy
    Hi, many of you have been looking for Soothe eye drops. My doc gave me a sample and then said he didn't know where you could buy them. Genteal gel is another that has "disappeared."

Soothe is new and I never got a chance to really try it beyond my sample bottle. Today at Walmart, I found Soothe in stock. I bought 2 bottles and this should give me a chance to see if I like it. They did not have Genteal gel. I haven't used Genteal gel in a long time, but as soon as I know you can't get something--I need/want it.
    Soothe is readily available in SE Michigan. GenTeal Gel is not, but I did find 3 tubes of it a week ago and bought them. I tried it just to see what I was missing. I'm not crazy about it but I now have 2 unopened packages I would be happy to send out to anyone who wants them.
    Cindy

"People may not always remember exactly what you said or what you did, but they will always remember how you made them feel." ~ Unknown

Comment

you have my address

Send Me One, Please.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

I've mailed both GenTeal Gels out.
        Cindy

"People may not always remember exactly what you said or what you did, but they will always remember how you made them feel." ~ Unknown

Comment

Hi, many of you have been looking for Soothe eye drops.
          Hi, Lucy-

I just bought my first bottle last night. Here's a copy of a post I put up on the Sjogren's Eye forum:

----

I don't work for this company, or have any connection with them.

I've been using Systane eyedrops with some minor success for about a year now. This morning, though, I found a study that showed that "Soothe" eyedrops

www.sootheeyedrops.com

are significantly more effective in increasing lipid layer thickness (a key factor in pre-corneal tear film quality) than Systane.

I haven't tried them yet, but will look for them today. Just a heads up.

Here's the study: snipurl.com/h8kg

Comment

If anyone finds any genteal gel and would mail me a tube I'd love it (and pay for it!) I want to try it but there is none to be found here in Ga.
            Missy

Comment

GenTeal Gel

Hi Missy - I can send you a tube of GenTeal Gel. I had ordered a lot from Australia when it was no longer available. Email me at afrooninckx@cox.net with your address and I can send you a tube.

Gaye

Comment

Thanks Gaye!!! You are a sweetie!! I can't wait to try the gel.

Lucy - Please let us know if you like the Soothe drops. I've seen them at the store but didn't want to waste money on another drop that might not do anygood. I have a cabinet full! If they work well for you I may give them a shot.

Missy

Comment

I do not like the Soothe drops, Missy. I bought two bottles and have been using them sporadically. They do nothing helpful for me. In addition, the drops are very milky (much like Restasis) and leave me with "milky" vision for 10-15 minutes. Whenever I use them, I always think later, here we go with the milky vision for awhile.

I believe others, though, have liked them. My doc recommended them to me awhile back. But, docs usually recommend new products coming out as they have free samples.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

dry eyes suck

I have horribly dry eyes since my LASIK surgery in 2003. I have recently discovered that gel at night makes my problem much better. I am so frigging sick of these dry eyes... I am so depressed by them... but I do seem to be learning to compensate slowly.... I'm just so depressed.

Comment

Originally posted by daily26
                      I have horribly dry eyes since my LASIK surgery in 2003. I have recently discovered that gel at night makes my problem much better. I am so frigging sick of these dry eyes... I am so depressed by them... but I do seem to be learning to compensate slowly.... I'm just so depressed.
                      I'm with ya'.

I think we're all with ya'.

It's raining here in San Diego, so I hid behind the weather and went grocery shopping -- something I almost never do because of the pain.

I started using my bottle of Soothe drops, by the way, and--despite the minute or two of cloudiness, I think they give me more relief than the Systane that I had been using.

Gels at night are great. I hit the drops before I even get out of bed, too. Don't be afraid to talk with your eye doc about punctal plugs, too. They help a lot of people.

Take care of yourself. I mean: emotionally/mentally. You're right: dry eyes suck. Life with pain sucks. It's a critically important challenge to find something that offers you relief, or--at the very least--an enjoyable distraction.

Maybe that's another worthwhile thread: what do people do, other than pain killers, eye drops, compresses, etc., to "distract themselves" when their dry eyes really hurt....

Again, take good care of yourself. You're not alone.

Comment

I do not like the Soothe drops, Missy. I bought two bottles and have been using them sporadically. They do nothing helpful for me. In addition, the drops are very milky (much like Restasis) and leave me with "milky" vision for 10-15 minutes. Whenever I use them, I always think later, here we go with the milky vision for awhile.

I believe others, though, have liked them. My doc recommended them to me awhile back. But, docs usually recommend new products coming out as they have free samples.
                        I'm with Lucy on the Soothe drops. For me, the milkiness goes away after a while, but my eyes feel "heavy" for a while afterwards.

A technical term.

--Erik

Comment

soothe eye drops say: 'N A RECENT STUDY, 73% OF PATIENTS REPORTING DRY EYE HAD COMPROMISED LIPID LAYER(S).
                          SOOTHE® SIGNIFICANTLY RESTORED LIPID LAYER THICKNESS (LLT) TO A HEALTHY STATE WHILE SYSTANE® HAD LITTLE TO NO EFFECT1.'

Soothe dry eye drops, how do we know that what this study they are reporting is true?? Do they have to report the truth on web site, or is it just advertising?? Sorry for being sceptical. But i am when people claim this much (8 hours) relief.

Thera tears is another drop that claims to work mirricles. I have used it off on on for months and it hasn't done much. apart from temp relief.

Temporary relief: i thought this was what artificial tear was. never thought of them as having other capabilities: like stabalising the tear film. So the other day on recomendation of doc i ordered systane in bulk (expensive) but otherwise have to wait 3 weeks. doc said it has tear stabilising tear properties.

all this time i thought artificial tears just replced the tear film, was i wrong?
                          I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

Soothe

I have been using Soothe for about a week. No, the drops don't last 8 hours, but they have really helped my eyes feel better. Unlike some drops, they don't tend to sting, and there isn't any of the stretchy white residue that comes with some drops. I like them. I'm still using Genteal Gel at night.

C

Comment

thanks for your reply. and merry christmas. im going to try to get hold of somexx
                              I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

Working...
                              X