Expiration date of drops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expiration date of drops

I have always wondered whether the expiration date on the drug bottles, like 04/07, means that the product is good until the 1st of April or the 30th... Anyone more knowledgeable out there???

Thanks!

cristina

From my retail days the use by (or best by/ best before date) is generally the end of the month eg 30 April.

Some products actually don't go off but are required by law to carry a use by/best by/best before date.

I don't want to start an issue but IMHO the date amounts to very little on SOME products, I have used many things beyond their date, however, I would never suggest or even encourage anyone else use a product beyond the manufacturers recommendation, that would be a judgement call the individual consumer would have to make.

Cheers

Ian

Comment

Thanks Ian! My mother is a pharmacist, and as usual in these cases our house would always be lacking the most common remedies, or there would be a spare tablet of paracetamol in the back of a drawer, but slightly past the expiration date. What did my sweet mama do? She would ask, "Water or fruit juice to gulp that down?"

Comment

Working...
      X