Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clarimist - stings my eyes

Hi all,

My eye doc said to try Clarimist, which I have......however, I just feel that it actually stings my eyes.

I have tried applying it as per the instructions, and also spraying it onto a cotton bud and "painting" it onto my eye-lashes.

After applying my eyes will sting for hours....sometimes hard to say whether it's just having no effect, or, it's the clarimist that's causing it.

Ideas?

Ian.

I have tried applying it as per the instructions, and also spraying it onto a cotton bud and "painting" it onto my eye-lashes.
    Do you mean you are "painting" it onto your eyelids? I don't think you should coat your lashes with this stuff. Believe it's the lids, but I think that's what you mean. Just so others don't try "painting their eyelashes"!!!

Lucy
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Hi,

My eye doc said that when it's sprayed onto closed eyes (as per instructions) it will make contact with the eyelashes and seep down over time onto the eye. I don't soak the eyelashes, just apply about as much as done when spraying.

I just tried the "painting" technique as it's effectively doing the same thing. As per the instructions I find it's a little sticky.........

Ian.

Comment

Less is more

Hi Ian,

I'm still on my first bottle of Clarymist and experimenting with the best way to apply it, so I'm no expert on this. At first I'd use just a spritz and not know if it was doing anything. Then I realized that it had been helping me. So I started using more of it. I started getting my lids wetter and rubbing it into the lashes, and/or opening my eyes while it's still wet and I'd get stinging exactly as you described.

My theory is that when the product gets into the eye while the product is still wet it can cause stinging. So use just a tiny mist, or apply it more thoroughly, but keep your eyes closed and fan them until dry. I think the lashes stay wet too long or just hold too much. It's probably best to spread it down to the lashline, or just wetting the lashes a bit at the base, and give them time to dry.

Less is more. I really like this stuff, but it's so subtle that it works best when I'm not sure if I put enough on. You should never feel it getting into your eyes. It's only minutes later, long after you're dry, that it should start to enter the eyes, but you can't feel it and won't notice anything at the time.

I hope this helps and that you aren't allergic or something. Let me know.

Charmee

Comment

Mine isn't sticky at all

Hi Ian,

Mine is like water, not sticky at all. It appears like a slightly cloudy water.

Charmee

Comment

Charmee,

Hmmmm, some good points......I'll try the less is more technique.

Ian.

Comment

Well, Ian, if it turns out you don't like Clarymist and it's a little sticky, you can always use it for the sake of privacy to spray on the lens of your internet cam.
              Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Wrong Ian, D. Or... goodness, are there two of them with a similar history?
                Rebecca Petris
                The Dry Eye Foundation
                dryeyefoundation.org
                800-484-0244

Comment

Ian - is it your actual eyeball or your eyelid that is stinging?

It sounds like you are hypersensitive to the preservative, phenoxyethanol. As the majority of it evaporates during the spraying phase, this usually isn't a problem for most people, but we're finding roughly 1 in 10,000 users get some degree of irritation.

If it is worse when you do it with a cotton bud (where less would evaporate initially), then this is definitely the problem, and I wouldn't really advise continuing with treatment - though your take on this may be different!

The appearance as you describe (cloudy water) is as it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Petris
                    Wrong Ian, D. Or... goodness, are there two of them with a similar history?
                    I knew it would only be a matter of time:

A - that there would be another Ian on the board

B - the webcam would raise it's ugly head yet again.

From now on I will sign off and IanP just to avoid any further confusion.

Cheers

IanP
                    IanP
                    IanP

Comment

I wondered what some of the posts meant!.....now it makes sense. I'll sign-off same as my username.

IanJ

Originally posted by prattstar
                      I knew it would only be a matter of time:

A - that there would be another Ian on the board

B - the webcam would raise it's ugly head yet again.

From now on I will sign off and IanP just to avoid any further confusion.

Cheers

IanP
                      IanP
                      IanP

Comment

Yeah, sorry about the confusion, Ians. I still had fun, though. I'll let the web cam story die, Ian P, if it makes you more comfortable.
                        Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

The Ians

Which Ian is the English one - J or P ?
                          Stella

Comment

Originally posted by stella
                            Which Ian is the English one - J or P ?
                            Stella
                            IanP (prattstar) is in England (or Australia) depending on the season.

cheers

IanP

Comment

IanJ is in Scotland.

IanJ.

Comment

Working...
                              X