Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clarymist, and quitting smoking

Hi everyone,

just wanted to let you know that Clarymist has helped me reduce eyedrop use by half At first I didn't think it was helping, but after 4-5 days of using it in-between applications I think that it's a nice addition to my regimen.
    I don't think I can rely on Clarymist exclusively, but using drops 3 times a day is wonderful, and it's a good product to use in the office (not messy, and it works.)

Furthermore, I quit smoking five weeks ago, and that might have helped as well. I'm not sure since I didn't have dry eye before Lasik even though I was a smoker, but at least it is supposed to help!

...Just looking for more reasons to stay quit, even though reading an article stating that smokers have 4 times the risk of irreversible blindness later in life due to macular degeneration was the single reason why I quit. I just resent the fact that very few smokers are aware of that.

thats great that something is helping you.

I got another bottle of claramist, thought id give it another go.

My ex boyfriends dad has smoked all his life and i think they said he had AMD. I smoke only occassionly for the stress. But i wont be giving that up coz its a nice destress.
    I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

Congratulations!

Christinalatina,
      That is so great! I'm really happy for you about the quitting smoking. I quit about 7 months ago, so I can relate. It takes a great deal of resolve to quit, especially for someone who's already in pain. I'm so thrilled you managed it. It's quite an accomplishment.

It started getting much easier for me after the second month, and I never get cravings anymore. I'm saving a fortune in cigarettes. I whitened my teeth and it looks great!

You know what I hated about smoking? That doctors always seemed to blame it for whatever my problem was. I (of course) did not magically get better just because I quit, but the doctors are a little less condescending.

I also find that with Clarymist I need drops less often. I wish I could buy it in the drug store instead of of over the internet.

Charmee

Comment

Maybe A dumb question....

Is Clarymist available in the United States? I remember getting the impression from some earlier posts that it wasn't. And congrats Cristina on qutting. Probably the single most important thing you will EVER do to benefit your health. You will not be surprised to know (if you don't already) that cigarette smoke can be very irritating to dry eyes-and the constant chemical assault on your body can probably further dry your eyes out too. Anyway, it's very exciting to hear that you quit! Good for you!

Comment

Oh Charmee thanks so much for your enthusiasm, I seem to need such a response from an ex-smoker to go on! I'm so glad to hear about the cravings subsiding...

I quit with the nicotine gum after 10 years of heavy smoking. I've noticed very positive effects- very slight weight gain (2lbs), the clearest skin I've had in years, increased energy and some dry eye improvement.

Still, I keep wondering when will the cravings go away. I still get them, especially after meals. To stay smoke-free, I keep a photo in my wallet entitled "how a person with amd sees the world"...it is enough to keep me away from cigarettes, especially after this long ordeal with my eye health.

Sazy, thanks for the encouragement. I really hope that more smokers out there know about the connection between smoking and vision. I know from first-hand experience that smokers, especially young ones, may not mind hearing about heart disease and poor circulation...but blindness is probably enough to scare many of us away from tobacco.

Eli: what I bought is actually Tears Again liposome spray, which can be found at the Cynacon/Ocusoft website. It is expensive and not found in drugstores, but not having to use drops so much is so worth it. I spend on this the money saved from non-smoking That's enough to buy me a bottle a week!

Comment

I quit smoking Oct. 2005. It's hard. The thing that keeps me going is every morning that I haven't smoked, I am happy for not giving in. I wake up every morning grateful that I didn't give in the day before. Every single morning since Oct. 11, 2005 I'm proud of myself.
            Cindy

"People may not always remember exactly what you said or what you did, but they will always remember how you made them feel." ~ Unknown

Comment

Working...
            X