Rewetting drops?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rewetting drops?

Well im just now starting to try to start wearing contacts again...what are the best rewetting drops to use and can i just use my normal drops?

Some drops, namely the thicker, more viscous formulas like Systane, Refresh Liqui-Gel, etc. probably shouldn't be used with contacts as they can leave deposits. TheraTears now makes a re-wetting drop as does Refresh Tears. I also believe there are some Preservative Free alternatives available.

Comment

smb43432--

Do you wear soft contacts? If so, I recommend "Blink" and "Aquify." Both are intended for use with contacts, and both have sodium hyaloronate (sp?)--which is supposed to have water-inhancing effects.

Some things I do that make my contacts more comfortable:

Use a disinfecting solution that is NOT a "no-rub" type (detergents in that type are irritating).

Rinse lenses thoroughly with plain, unpreserved saline, not the overnight disinfecting solution--even though that's what it says on bottle. A small amount of the solution remains on the lens and can aggravate dry eye.

Put a drop or two of Blink or Aquify into the lens after it's completely rinsed and ready to insert, then insert. The drops provide a cushion that helps your eyes adjust to the lens.

C66

Comment

Working...
      X