"Blink"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Blink"

Have read some comments about "Blink" eyedrops and didn't really register as I thought they were unavailable in UK> But today I saw some in the chemist and now can't find the comments!! Can anyone help with advice on this product. I have a list of "suggested" drops to try from my eye doc...but "Blink" is not on it, so looking for info about it. Thanks for any thoughts and opinions.

Blink is just another one of the many drops available.

It is primarily designed as a contact lens wetting agent but so are some of the other drops that we get some relief from.

It is one of the ones that I liked for awhile and haven't used for sometime. I really did like it.

The primary ingredient is sodium hyaluronate which is supposed to promote healing of the epithelium (I seem to recall 1 dr telling me).

By all means give it a try, you can pick it up in Adsa, Boots, a number of opticians. I think it is put out by AMO.

Regards

Ian

Comment

I was given a sample of Blink and another called Aquify from an opthamologist a while back. He said those two seemed to be the favorites of his patients. I like the Blink drops...givem a shot. Personally I just pretty much stick to the preservative free Refresh Plus vials...they seem the closest to natural tears and the least invasive to me.

Daren

Comment

blink

Thanks for the comments...might give them a go.
        Who is AMO Ian?

Comment

Originally posted by namoomoo
          Thanks for the comments...might give them a go.
          Who is AMO Ian?
          namoomoo

AMO is Advanced Medical Optics - they make contact lens solution and wetting drops as part of their product range.

Sorry, we get caught up in abbreviations (why is this word so long for a word that means shortening something).

Cheers

Ian

Comment

I have just bought some Blink from tesco for £3.49 to give them a try. First impression is that my eyes feel better but its early days yet. I must say that I am always drawn to products in bottles rather than vials simply becuase of the economy issue although I know that its a preservative thing. I am also thinking about giving visimed a try.
            On a slightly different tack it would seem that the variety of products generally available is growing with Blink and Clarymist available in Tesco now. At first view it is encouraging but it perhaps also lends weight to the thought that an outright cure would stop the gravy train of relief products, so why bother? Maybe just my cynical mind!
            Well i am off to lovely humid Cyprus on sunday so i am looking forward to some pain free days.

Comment

Thanks Ian...just curious and now I know!
              And Hangus - enjoy Cyprus!! Hope it does your eyes a world of good!

Comment

Working...
              X