Question about Dwelle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Dwelle

I'm fairly new here and I just started using Dwelle last night. I have recurrent corneal erosions and since my plugs came out, they are much worse, occurring every night, several times a night. I used the Dwelle drops before I used the Genteal Gel and every time I woke up throughout the night. My question is if they are supposed to make your eyes red. My eyes are both sore today and very red. Up until now, I haven't had any real redness. I'm not sure if it is from the drops or just a coincidence. I will keep using the drops, though, as I read that you have to give it two weeks to see a change. Here's hoping they help. Has this happened to anyone else after starting these drops? Thanks for any input.

Lynn

Are you saying you use both drops AND Gel together? It depends on the person, but for me, Dwelle and Genteal are not compatible with each other, but are OK by themselves. Use just one at a time and see if your eyes still get red.

Calli

Comment

I did use both last night. I need the gel to get me through the night. (although I end up applying it several times). I don't think the Dwelle would be enough to get me through the night by itself. I've been using some kind of ointment at night since 1994 and drops during the day. Do you think they counteract one another?

Comment

You have to give Dwelle a chance to work by itself. This may mean you wake up and dose once or twice, but using GenTeal Gel and Dwelle is not a good combination. Using Dwelle should be a singular drop--especially if you're using it at night. I use Dwelle and other Dr. Holly drops and mix them up, but starting Dwelle (on the night dose) and mixing with Gel or ointment won't give you a good idea of how it's going to work. Or not.

Dwelle is good for night and maybe a lighter drop for daytime (either Dakrina, NutraTear or OTC-like TheraTears.) Let us know.
        Lucy
        Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Thanks so much for your suggestion. I used the Dwelle a few hours before bed and the gel at bedtime. I had a much better night, even managed to get in a few hours sleep and, best of all, no erosions! It's so nice to talk to people who actually understand!

Comment

Dr. Foulks, who is listed in the "Plug a Doc" forum, recommended to me to use Dwelle five times during waking hours to help and heal a cornea damaged from recurrent corneal erosions that result from a corneal dystrophy. I just thought I'd mention that.

I'm happy to hear that you had a good night, Lynn! May you have many more to come.

Comment

Hi Liz,

Thanks for the advice and the good thoughts. I will start using the Dwelle five times a day. In fact, I put them in as soon as I woke up this morning, and felt relief. What a pleasure to not have pain in the morning. How about you? I read that you went so long without any erosions, but are now suffering with them again. Have you had any relief? I hope so It's funny, people who don't have dry eyes or erosions look at me like I'm crazy when I tell them I try not to sleep too much. Most nights, I'm terrified to close my eyes.

Lynn

Comment

Hi, Lynn,

Thanks for your concern and good wishes. I had a good night last night-- sleeping and no erosions. My vision is better but not quite up to par today. I am hoping that the erosions will get fewer and longer in between. Yes, when something as basic as sleep is terrifying, we know we have a problem on our hands. I know that feeling all too well.

Best wishes to you and continued success!

--Liz

Comment

Working...
                X