Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celluvisc Question

Hi,
    i'm using Celluvisc at night....i've only used it a couple of times but it burns me !? strange because i use Refresh Plus with no problems during the day!! any ideas? also, once i open it do i have to discard it or i can keep it for a couple of days (also for Refresh Plus) ?! thanks

Originally posted by Francesco
    Hi,
    i'm using Celluvisc at night....i've only used it a couple of times but it burns me !? strange because i use Refresh Plus with no problems during the day!! any ideas? also, once i open it do i have to discard it or i can keep it for a couple of days (also for Refresh Plus) ?! thanks

i just found that Celluvisc dried during the night in my eyes and so i'm experiencing stinging ...they are more red now i think i'll stay with Refresh Plus only cause that works

Comment

a common side-effect of this eye drops is stinging sensation. as this is a quite thick drops, it may be stuck on the eye lids and hardened, then it starts to scrach ur eye ball and thats when u feel unbearable stinging sensation
      I believe I can fly!

Comment

i've been using celluvisc for 9 months now - on and off
        I stopped it at night'cos it seemed to crust on my lids and made my night time problems of eyeball sticking to lids worse
        i never found it stung - maybe the crusting makes it sting
        My policy is - no drops unless i have to
        I massage the lids to try to produce some oil - then make myself yawn, that
        usually produces some tears with me(i'm lucky i know)
        If that does'nt work - minims artificial tears ,which are very light and more like a wash
        Then if that does'nt work - the celluvisc
        I have found that i sometimes get relief from burning with a coating of celluvisc if i was on computer or watching TV -

Comment

Forgot to add - I use claramist eyelid spray many times day and night
          The American name for that i believe is" tears again"

Comment

hello stella ,
            i was prescribed celluvisc at sunderland eye infimary
            2 years ago and could not tolerate it at all . i am using clarymist
            now ( superdrug 12.95 , saves on the postage ) , this after trying loads
            of drops including genteal gel , snotears, vicotears (pr. free ), minims and
            more than i can remember with no help whatsoever.
            i take flaxseed oil twice daily , tastes yak but with capello apple juice
            straight after it is bearable .
            i also clean my eyelids with supranettes as warm compresses make
            my eyes sore .

Comment

Juninho
              Yes - I am becoming more and more convinced that the less we put IN our eyes the better
              Yours sound like allergies ,or at least intolerances to foreign substances
              i think when ones eyes become dry/inflammed they are far more sensitive to the least thing - even so called harmless non-preserved artificial tears
              I once commented to an eye doc i saw under the health service that the less you put in your eyes the better, and he thoroughly agreed with me
              Thats all right for those of us who have mild or moderate DE but i realize that there are people reading these posts with sojrens and aqueous deficiences that have to rely on supplimenting their tears and therefore i suppose the least irritating stuff on the market for them is a must

Comment

Originally posted by stella
                Juninho
                Yes - I am becoming more and more convinced that the less we put IN our eyes the better
                Yours sound like allergies ,or at least intolerances to foreign substances
                i think when ones eyes become dry/inflammed they are far more sensitive to the least thing - even so called harmless non-preserved artificial tears
                I once commented to an eye doc i saw under the health service that the less you put in your eyes the better, and he thoroughly agreed with me
                Thats all right for those of us who have mild or moderate DE but i realize that there are people reading these posts with sojrens and aqueous deficiences that have to rely on supplimenting their tears and therefore i suppose the least irritating stuff on the market for them is a must
                i agree stella,
                i have found the drops , gels prescribed to make
                me ' comfortable ' make my eyes worse that is why i am trying
                clarymist spray . i have both lower ducts plugged and am wondering
                if they are hindering me . my lower eyelids permanently sting
                and i also have this burning sensation in my upper body at times
                which greatly affects my eyes as well but can't seem to get
                a doctor to advise me what is going on . i have made a list
                of all the drops , gels etc. i have tried and when i have
                administered them none have given me relief . i'd love to know
                what is going on .

Comment

Juninho
                  If your lower lids are plugged - presumably any tears you are producing should not drain away.(I dont have plugs so lack experience)
                  If you have tears, then maybe your problem is dysfunctional glands in the lids which are supposed to produce oil which seals in the tears - If they are dysfunctional ie blocked , inflammed infected they cause evaporation of the tears and symptoms of burning ,& light sensitivity, grittyness You would know if the lids are not right - they prickle and itch (seperately to the eyes )and if you squeeze the lids sideways you often get relief ,and you definately feel there is a problem with them.
                  Do you do the lid hygiene thing ?
                  Have you been to an optometrist ?- mine photgraphs the eyes and enlarges the picture until he can see the little glands and he told me mine were blocked (they should'nt be now - I,ve done lid hygiene for 10 months night and morning)he was also able to tell me i had enough tears - He stained the eyes to tell me that.
                  Dont know why you would have burning sensation in your upper body - Are you menapausal ?Then you would consider hot flushes
                  I sympathise with you - its so hard to get help under the healthservice
                  All the best
                  stella

Comment

Working...
                  X