Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• natural ophthalmics - eye drops

Hello everybody,

I wondered if anybody had some experience with homeopathic eye drops from natural ophthalmics? They're supposed to address the underlying cause of dry eye (there are two formulas - one for men and one for women, too) each of them containing seven homeopathic ingredients micro-diluted to potencies between 5x and 12x. They're non preserved.

Thanks a lot!

Here is more information on the drop, sounds interesting.

COPYRIGHT 2005 Reed Business Information, Inc. (US)

Dry Eye Treatment for Men and Dry Eye Treatment for Women eye drops, from Natural Ophthalmics Inc., are homeopathic eye drops that use seven active ingredients to stimulate the body's ability to produce tear components, the company says.

[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED]

Both drops contain these five ingredients:

* Euphrasia (Eye-bright) Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia of the United States (HPUS) 5X, which is indicated for corneal and conjunctival edema. Euphrasia helps treat the irritation linked to eye inflammation.

* Alumina HPUS 10X, which is indicated for dryness of the eye and other mucous membranes.

* Arsenicum album HPUS 12X, which is indicated for extreme dryness accompanied by burning and photophobia.

* Nux moschata HPUS 6X, which is indicated for dryness linked to the difficulty of opening one's eye or eyes. It has also been used to treat Sjogren's syndrome.

* Zincum metalicum HPUS 10X, which is indicated for severe dryness, burning and irritation accompanied by excessive tearing. It is also indicated for patients who are sensitive to environmental factors.

Two extra ingredients have been added to each drop to address the hormonal differences between men and women. In men, sulfur HPUS 6X is indicated for dryness accompanied by itching, redness and burning of the eyes and lid margins. The second ingredient for men is nux vomica HPUS 12X, which is indicated for eye dryness with photophobia, watering and burning.

In women, pulsatilla HPUS 8X is indicated for menopause- and menstrual abnormality-induced dry eye. This type of dry eye often includes thick discharge. The second ingredient for women is Sepia HPUS 8X, which is indicated for dryness that develops after a hormonal imbalance or menopause. This type of dry eye is often linked to lid weakness, the company says.

Both eye drops are compatible with punctal plugs, and are available in doctors' offices only. The drops come in 15ml (1/2-ounce) containers. Call 1-877-220-9710, or go to www.natoph.com.

COPYRIGHT 2005 Reed Business Information, Inc. (US)

Comment

Natural Ophthalmics sales

The problem is, I asked for them in the international pharmacy, but they told me, that these drops are sold in the US only by ophthalmologist directly. So I guess there's no way to get them here in Europe (since they're not sold by pharmacies ?).

Is here someone who has tried them?

Thanks!

Comment

Can I ask my optho to prescribe me these drops or will he even know what I'm talking about? They always dole out anti biotics to me so I'm not sure if that can even grasp the natural cure route.

Comment

Working...
        X