Addicted to eye drops?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Addicted to eye drops?

I have read online that it is impossible to get addicted to, or be dependent on, preservative free eye drops. I can only use Theratears. If the 5 stores near my house are all out (which seems to happen more and more) then any other preservative free eye drop I try turns my eyes bright red. Theratears is the only drop that makes my eyes white. Has this happened to anyone else? I am beginning to think my eye is dependent. One of the other eye drops has the same active ingredient, just a higher amount. I don't get it . . .

I am the same way. I think it has to do with ones tear composition. For me, TheraTears seems to replace whatever it is I lack, in the right concentration. Nothing else seems to work for me.
    Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

same for me: Thera Tears are the only drops that help me and give me a bit relief of the redness.

Comment

Originally posted by kitty
        I am the same way. I think it has to do with ones tear composition. For me, TheraTears seems to replace whatever it is I lack, in the right concentration. Nothing else seems to work for me.
        That is so interesting to me; I tried them, and they felt thin and watery to me. Afterwards, my eyes actually felt drier. So, I tend to need a drop that coats with a different emphasis on a certain aspect of the tear. I guess that just goes to show that Dr. Holly is right about how complex tear composition is.

Comment

I use Refresh Plus and find that my eyes get too sensitive/watery when i use them....so they get more red....maybe i'll try Thera tears too !

Comment

I had the same experience with Refresh Plus.

Anything too thick (like Thera Tears gel) makes my eyes feel heavy and annoys me. How odd the tear composition is.

Comment

Working...
            X