Dwelle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dwelle

Hi, I've recently ordered 2 bottles of Dwelle. While I am starting to use them, I have a few questions I hope someone can answer:
    1) Will Dwelle only be useful during the night time? The reason I ask this is because the bottle is marked with "night". Or maybe there is a daytime dwelle eye drops, and I ordered wrong one?
    2)When I applied the eye drop into my eyes, I felt it is really sticky. I also saw lots of residue near my eye lashes. Is this normal?
    3)Some people say Dwelle helps cornea healing. I wonder how soon I can see the results.

Thanks,

What i know/have learned...

1. Dwelle is directed towards night use because its is supposedly a little thicker longer lasting type drop. Also the effect of your 2) can give some relief to those that do not fully close their eye. There are a couple other similar products. The version directed I believe for daytime use is called Daktrina. Theres another red colored one that I kina liked, dont remember what its called but should be in Rebeccas store.
    2. I think thats normal...did it to me when I've used it anyways.
    3. No idea.

bassfan

Comment

Originally posted by bassfan View Post
      1. Dwelle is directed towards night use because its is supposedly a little thicker longer lasting type drop. Also the effect of your 2) can give some relief to those that do not fully close their eye. There are a couple other similar products. The version directed I believe for daytime use is called Daktrina. Theres another red colored one that I kina liked, dont remember what its called but should be in Rebeccas store.
      Bassfan, thanks for pointing that out. I should have done more research before ordering them:-)

Comment

Originally posted by jazhou View Post
        1) Will Dwelle only be useful during the night time? The reason I ask this is because the bottle is marked with "night". Or maybe there is a daytime dwelle eye drops, and I ordered wrong one?
        The "Night"/"Day" labels on Dwelle and Dakrina can be kind of confusing. It's NOT about viscosity. Both drops are suitable for day and night. In fact, the drops are IDENTICAL in content except for the Vitamin A in Dakrina. Whether one uses either of these drops during the day tends to depend on severity and nature of the condition... for example people with RCEs would be recommended to use Dwelle day and night till they're in better shape. Dakrina tends to be popular for day use with Sjogrens or LASIK dry eye. No hard and fast rules though.

The night/day thing was just something I initially adopted as a way to try to make some kind of distinction between the two drops when we first took them on. The reason for the "Night" idea was just that the Dwelle has been so popular as a substitute for gels or ointments at night. We're not planning to continue using that on the label though - it's just that the manufacturer's initial print run was so large we got stuck with it.

2)When I applied the eye drop into my eyes, I felt it is really sticky. I also saw lots of residue near my eye lashes. Is this normal?
        These two have a heavier feel than some other drops. It has to do with the high oncotic pressure. Some residue is normal (the polymer crystallizes if left to dry on the surface) but avoidable if you apply a small amount and blot or wipe it with a damp cloth or tissue.

3)Some people say Dwelle helps cornea healing. I wonder how soon I can see the results.
        This would be a good question for Dr. Holly in his Q&A section.

Hope this helps
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

dwelle usage

Hi ,

I bought Dwelle a few weeks ago - I use it during the day , as well , as it lasts longer ; I use only one drop and of course blot with a damp cloth as it does really leave a residue !! The "red " kind is called "NutraTear" and it is weird when you first use it , as it looks like you are bleeding from the eyes for a couple of seconds . I've never tried Dakrina, but am thinking about it . Couldn't hurt ,and if I don't like it, I can add it to my large collection of tried and failed drops ...ugh . Nancy

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Petris View Post
            The "Night"/"Day" labels on Dwelle and Dakrina can be kind of confusing. It's NOT about viscosity. Both drops are suitable for day and night. In fact, the drops are IDENTICAL in content except for the Vitamin A in Dakrina. Whether one uses either of these drops during the day tends to depend on severity and nature of the condition... for example people with RCEs would be recommended to use Dwelle day and night till they're in better shape. Dakrina tends to be popular for day use with Sjogrens or LASIK dry eye. No hard and fast rules though.

The night/day thing was just something I initially adopted as a way to try to make some kind of distinction between the two drops when we first took them on. The reason for the "Night" idea was just that the Dwelle has been so popular as a substitute for gels or ointments at night. We're not planning to continue using that on the label though - it's just that the manufacturer's initial print run was so large we got stuck with it.
            Thanks for the information. Great to know it is OK to use dwelle at daytime.

Comment

I've been using Dakrina during the day and Freshkote at night for about a month now and they seem to be working decently. Which of Dwelle and Dakrina would typically be more suited for someone with MGD/Blepharitis?

Comment

It's strange, I don't get much of a residue from Dwelle.
                just keep swimming...

Comment

Originally posted by Stanza View Post
                  It's strange, I don't get much of a residue from Dwelle.
                  I actually seem to get more from Dakrina...

Rebecca, here is a question that has been bugging me. IF Dwelle and Dakrina are identical minus the Vit A in DaKrina, why have both formula's? Does the base formula do something different when Vit A is present?

I've bought two packs of the 1 of each type of drop from your store but I use NutraTear the most and if Dakrina is a better drop then I think I might just start buying those two. Though if that was the case then I am not sure why you would still offer Dwelle. Any insight on this conversation would be great!!

Comment

FreshKote?

Originally posted by JJ75 View Post
                    I've been using Dakrina during the day and Freshkote at night for about a month now and they seem to be working decently. Which of Dwelle and Dakrina would typically be more suited for someone with MGD/Blepharitis?
                    Hi, JJ75.

We have another person on the board, Rojzen, who was giving some very good accounts of her use of and experience with FreshKote. Would you mind sharing how you use those drops and how they help (if they do)?

Thanks,
                    Liz

Comment

Originally posted by GLS View Post
                      Rebecca, here is a question that has been bugging me. IF Dwelle and Dakrina are identical minus the Vit A in DaKrina, why have both formula's?
                      Not to pass the buck, but this is another question that Dr. Holly is much better equipped to answer than me. There is definitely a distinction between the two; and there is a fairly well documented role of Vitamin A in ocular surface healing.
                      Rebecca Petris
                      The Dry Eye Foundation
                      dryeyefoundation.org
                      800-484-0244

Comment

wondering about origins of FreshKote

Thank you, liz56, for seeking to consolidate our feedbacks on FreshKote. . .I haven't been sufficiently methodical in updating on this, so perhaps it will help for me to summarize most recent weeks. . .

After about 5 months of using FreshKote about 4 times day, with no other drops (and discontinuation of Restasis), I concluded that at this dosage, for reasons unclear, I was having more dryness and burning than I wanted. . .and so I decided to make 2 changes: I switched to Dwelle, and began using the Dwelle only once or twice daily. After a few weeks, I did better on this second regimen than I had done on FreshKote. . .This is not good science, of course, since too many variables are involved (including duration away from Restasis), but possibly this experience is useful in some way. . .

Anyway, I've had fluctuations while on Dwelle. . .Sometimes, I can even go without moisture chamber glasses, for the first time in 10 years, using Dwelle twice daily. . .(nighttime is MOST important). . .Sometimes, though, I'm windy/raw/menthol-y again. . .

I think that Dakrina may ultimately prove better for me, because I believe that I need not only high oncotic pressure, but also treatment for my sick goblet cells and mucin layer. . .The Vitamin A in Dakrina may provide this. . .

FreshKote has the same oncotic pressure as do Dwelle and Dakrina. . .and adds a lipid to the formula. . .I'm not sure, though, that the lipid enhances the drop's performance. . .at least not in me. . .

Moreover: I sense, from AqueousPharma's web site, that Dr. Holly himself may not have advocated creation of FreshKote. . .and that perhaps FreshKote was formulated by AqueousPharma on the theory that if the Dr. Holly drops are so great, why not add a lipid to them, to get in on the possibly too-popular theory that lipid replacement helps lipid-abnormal eyes. . .The more I read of Dr. Holly's principles, the less I believe that simply adding a lipid to Dwelle (or any drop) can enhance the drop's function. . .

Now onward to Dakrina, for me, starting in a few weeks, perhaps. . .I'm still trying to use up my supplies of FreshKote and Dwelle. ..but only for financial reasons. . .Ultimately, I'll be satisfied to go back to Dwelle, though, if Dakrina is not right for me. . .Dwelle has been quite amazing. . .It does better for me than did YEARS of doxycycline and YEARS of Restasis. . .put together .
                        <Doggedly Determined>

Comment

Originally posted by liz56 View Post
                          Hi, JJ75.

We have another person on the board, Rojzen, who was giving some very good accounts of her use of and experience with FreshKote. Would you mind sharing how you use those drops and how they help (if they do)?

Thanks,
                          Liz
                          Liz,

Thank you for the pointer about Rozjen, I have actually followed along on that for awhile.

Basically I'm using 1 drop of Freshkote in each eye right before bed and using Dakrina 4 times a day. I am also still on Restasis and use a vial of theratears after my lid hygiene to clean everything out.

The Freshkote seems to work well for me because I don't wake up with gritty dry eyes, but none of these drops are a cure all. What I do know is that when I was using Dwelle at night I was waking up with really dry eyes and it was effecting me the next day. Probably because the Freshkote has the lipid layer it lasts longer.

I haven't tried Dwelle during the day yet and will probably wait on trying it since I just bought a ton of Dakrina from Rebecca, but my eyes feel much better now then they have for the last few years when I was only using Theratears.

Comment

A follow up to my original post. After using Dwelle for only two days, I already love it. It gives me pain relief for much longer time than other eye drops I have tried. Also my eyes dont get blurry when putting the drops. Great stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by jazhou View Post
                              It gives me pain relief for much longer time than other eye drops I have tried.
                              ...Making for a truly lousy business model, LOL. So if anyone is still wondering why these drops were never embraced by a pharmaceutical and eventually ended up in the hands of a nobody like me, scrimping and pinching to keep them in commercial production and on the market... Erckkkk! Oopsie... (those awkward background noises are Rebecca ungracefully clambering down from the soapbox she tries so hard to stay off of).

Seriously, I always get SUCH a thrill when I hear of people getting real relief with Dr. Holly's drops.
                              Rebecca Petris
                              The Dry Eye Foundation
                              dryeyefoundation.org
                              800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
                              X