No announcement yet.

One step forward, two steps backwards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One step forward, two steps backwards?

I thought I had dialed in my regimen for night time, but I am suddenly waking with dry, gritty eyes again! This makes the day time even more uncomfortable. I am currently using Refresh P.M. just on the eyelids to keep them moist and then I use Refresh Celluvisc in the eyes. And of course, I wear tranquileyes. I was able to go all night with this regimen and wake with pretty moist eyes (albeit itchy!). Now I am finding that I am pretty gritty in the a.m. again, unless I wake up several times during the night to put in drops. I tried using genteal gel in place of Celluvisc, with similar results.

Unfortunately, if I wake up with dry eyes, it seems my days are really bad. Yesterday was the most painful day I have had in a long, long time. I was pretty much couch bound for the day and just couldn't seem to find anything to help me get more comfortable. Sigh.

I have to wonder if my dissolvable plugs are starting to do just that since my grittiness is increasing. . .They are supposed to last for 3-4 months and it has been just over one month.

Also, I am starting Dr. Holly's drops today. I have a couple questions:
    1. Is it okay to take Dr. Holly's drops with other OTC drops?
    2. I am concerned that initially one drop of Dwelle will not be lubricating enough to get me through the night. Is it okay to use once per night or with ointment on the lids?

Your input is appreciated.

Thanks - MDE

Originally posted by MyDryEyes View Post
    1. Is it okay to take Dr. Holly's drops with other OTC drops?
    Not going to harm you, it's just that you may not get the full benefit. One way to go about it if you don't want to go 'cold turkey' is use Dwelle at night and whatever other product you use during the day.
    2. I am concerned that initially one drop of Dwelle will not be lubricating enough to get me through the night. Is it okay to use once per night or with ointment on the lids?
    The ointment thing is probably a better question for Dr. Holly and in fact I think he's in the process of addressing that in the Q&A forum. I think that sometimes people may need more during the night. I remember during my earliest stints I probably got up and re-applied once or twice before soon getting to the point where I could get through a whole night on one drop. Also, I have had times in the winter where one drop did not get me through a night. During my worst nights this winter, 1 drop Dwelle plus tape was actually my most effective insurance against a bad next morning. I only did this once or twice, during a period when I had been neglecting my eyes and had a couple of nights when I felt that I just didn't want to face any doubts about how I was going to wake up.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Petris View Post
      Not going to harm you, it's just that you may not get the full benefit. One way to go about it if you don't want to go 'cold turkey' is use Dwelle at night and whatever other product you use during the day.
      Or perhaps I could use Dakrina/Dwelle more than the recommended four times per day as needed?

Comment

I use them as often as I need and am none the worse for wear. Lucy
        Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Working...
        X