which Dr. Holly drop should I use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which Dr. Holly drop should I use?

I love scientific info, but my current TBUT and the fact that I have 5 kids running around the house soon to be crying for supper will not allow me to deeply research these oft-mentioned Dr. Holly drops.
    If someone could give me the cliff notes version of what these drops do and which product is best in a given circumstance, that would be so helpful.
    Thank you
    Andrea
    Walkin' by faith, not by sight

Here's my cliffnotes version. Warning, it's probably utterly unscientific, and anything Dr. Holly says trumps anything I say, but for what it's worth, these are my 'practical pearls'.

1. If possible, get the multipack for $28 that has a bottle of each. (Note that the default shipping method is not the cheapest - switch it to First Class Mail and you'll still get them quite quickly.) If you hate them, drop us a line and we'll refund the cost.

2. For NIGHT, stick with Dwelle.

3. For DAY, if you have RCEs and/or ABMD stick with Dwelle during the day too; if severe dry eye from other causes then try Dakrina during the day. You should not need to use either of them very often.

4. Everybody else, I'd recommend NutraTear during the day as/when needed with the caveat that if NutraTear just doesn't feel like it's enough, or if you find yourself needing it frequently, switch to Dakrina.

5. Contact lens wearers, I'd recommend a drop of Dwelle or Dakrina about 15 minutes before putting in the lenses.

6. Don't forget to blot when putting in Dwelle or Dakrina to prevent the crusties. If you get crusties, use a damp washcloth.

7. Don't sweat the pink of NutraTear, it is non-staining.

8. If you have enough stinging/burning from Dwelle or Dakrina to bother you, my suggestion is to use either a little saline or a little NutraTear in the eye and then put the Dwelle or Dakrina in about 15 minutes later.

9. Try, try, try to stick with some combination of these drops for at least two weeks (and without other OTC drops if possible) before deciding that they don't work for you.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

with lenses?

Thanks!
      Can I use these drops while I am wearing RGP lenses?
      Walkin' by faith, not by sight

Comment

They're not FDA-approved for that purpose, so it would depend on whether your doctor is comfortable with using them on an off-label basis.
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

I was at my chiropractor's office getting a massage. The massage therapist and I were chit-chatting about 'stuff' and the conversation veered to eyes. She started telling me about the drops her OD gave her and how much she really likes them for her contact lens problems. I asked her what the drops were and nearly fell off the table when she told me I'd probably never heard of them but they were red in color. I said, "Really....Tell me more." Long story short, the drops she's using are NutraTear. At the end of my massage, I pulled my bottle of NutraTear out of my purse and we high-fived each other.
          Cindy

"People may not always remember exactly what you said or what you did, but they will always remember how you made them feel." ~ Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Cindy View Post
            At the end of my massage, I pulled my bottle of NutraTear out of my purse and we high-fived each other.
            Aw, that's too cool. Every now and then while "dropping" in public, I have this wistful sort of hope that some fellow NutraTear user will recognize it and say something.
            Rebecca Petris
            The Dry Eye Foundation
            dryeyefoundation.org
            800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
            X