Hypotears and years of using it????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hypotears and years of using it????

Hi Everyone, please also see my introduction post in that forum if interested.

I've been using Hypotears for about ten years and was oblivious to the dangers of BAC. And now I'm really fearful that those years of using Hypotears may have done permanent damage to my eyes. Could that be the case? Is the damage caused by using a BAC product irreversable and permanent?

Over the last six months my eyes have been so red and irritated. I'm constantly using Optive and Systane, but the only real relief I seem to have is from using Lotemax, which also contains BAC.

Does anyone have anything they can share or relate regarding the above?

Thanks.
    N2K

Hi, Need2Know.

Can you speak a little more to your corneal infection? What does it seem is the state of your corneas? Dr. Holly has written about Hypotears, and I had no idea about the preservative! His other drops have preservatives that are easier on the eye and great for corneas. You may want to ask him some questions and consider trying them.

--Liz

Comment

Dear Need2Know,
      Originally posted by Need2Know View Post
      I've been using Hypotears for about ten years and was oblivious to the dangers of BAC. And now I'm really fearful that those years of using Hypotears may have done permanent damage to my eyes. Could that be the case? Is the damage caused by using a BAC product irreversable and permanent?
      I'm really sorry to hear this. BAC is quite toxic and I'm afraid there is a preponderance of medical evidence of this. Such long-term exposure is almost certain to have caused some damage and I'm surprised you didn't start having symptoms sooner. Whether it's reversible may be difficult to ascertain but the good news is that with most forms of dry eye you can get good relief without introducing additional risks - through non-toxic lubricants, protective eyewear, good eyelid care and so on.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
      X