Different drops for each eye?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different drops for each eye?

I'm wondering if it is common to use different strengths of OTC drops in each eye. My left eye is much more symptomatic than my right. I've found that Refresh LiquidGel (1% CMC) works very well for my left eye twice a day but it sometimes seems to cause my right eye to feel worse than if I only use a .5% CMC drop. Does that make sense? I've read some of Dr. Holly's information about drops and their effects on the eye and though I don't fully understand it all at this point, it occurred to me that perhaps I shouldn't be using the same concentration of eye drop in both eyes.

Thank for your input.

I believe it's what you're comfortable with. Many of us have one eye not so bad and the other waaaaaaaaay off the charts. While I keep my best eye moist with drops throughout the day, I just don't need as much as I do in the other eye.

Also, if I was taking a strong, or prescribed RX for something wrong with the left eye (way more likely than the right), I'd not want to put in my best eye.

I just re-read your post and am not sure if you do or don't use the same drop in both eyes. I normally use the same kind of drops in both eyes, but the number of times is different. If you do better with different kinds of drops, that's ok too.
    Lucy
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Lucy,

Thanks for the reply. I've been using the same drops in each eye, but generally fewer drops in the right. However, with all I've read since I joined this forum, I kind of had a "light bulb" moment today and wondered if I should be treating each eye differently. Sounds like it can be appropriate. I think I'll try to experiment a little and will try to keep track of what I do so I can talk to a doctor about it...if I can find one I have confidence in.

Patti

Comment

Working...
      X