Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I complete mad, or could this be true?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I complete mad, or could this be true?

Long story short: I think my dry eye significantly increased in severity after trying a sample eye drop that a dr told me to use (I later found out it was regular systane.)- is it possible that the reaction I had to it (severe discomfort, redness, pretty much allergy-like irritation) could have triggered a worsening in my dryness?

I went to that dr with the extremely frequent use of eye drops for even short-term comfort but pretty moderate symptoms in terms of the burning and discomfort felt while using drops - after using the sample drops, I was using more slightly more drops but more importantly, feeling more discomfort / pain- these symptoms have stuck with me- I'm doing well on my new drops, but I'm still not getting anything near my old levels of pain control.

I've had this when I tried Thera Tears and indeed, nearly all the drops recommended. I'm allergic to nearly all the contact lenses solutions too and use one with barely anything in it at the moment. I think some of the solutions are just way too powerful. A lot of them were designed for the old style lenses worn for up to 2 years and there's no need for that if you're changing them more frequently.

Comment

Working...
    X