Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celluvisc Eye Drops

Hi there,

I have just been prescribed Celluvisc Eye Drops (as an alternative to Minims)... I am not sure what other names they come under but has anyone any good or bad reports - or are all these different brands "much of a muchness"?

Thanks and best wishes,

- Seamus

Celluvisc drops are liked by many people. They are a thicker drop and may leave some crusty residue around your eyelids. Definitely worth a try.
    These may be a better nighttime drop, with a lighter one during the day.

Lucy
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Celluvisc worked for me- not enough to provide anything resembling nighttime protection, but certainly longer than other drug-store drops.

I personally disliked it's texture- but if it's what offers you protection, well, a little stickiness is fair trade.

Comment

I really like Celluvisc and use it when I'm going through a bad spell. It does blur my vision for a while, and leaves the residue like Lucy mentioned, but sometimes after installation I'll wipe my lids with a damp cloth and that seems to help a bit with that. I have not really given it a good enough go at nighttime to comment. Usually I use Genteal get at night. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by shells View Post
          Usually I use Genteal get at night. Good luck!
          excuse me for this OT but i never tried Genteal Gel ....can someone please tell me if the preservative in it can damage the eyes if used every night?? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Francesco View Post
            excuse me for this OT but i never tried Genteal Gel ....can someone please tell me if the preservative in it can damage the eyes if used every night?? Thanks
            Genteal Gel is advertised as 'preservative free in the eye'- however, I personally have trouble believing that it will break down as it might on a healthy eye as it will on our eyes. But, if that's what provides you protection versus the preservative free products you've tried, that's a risk you have to take, I suppose. Tell your doctor that you're using it.

Comment

genteal

Originally posted by Francesco View Post
              It advertises that the preservative transforms into pure oxygen. Who knows? I have been trying it for the first time myself, and so far, I like the results. So far, it hasn't irritated my eyes, and it seems to last longer than most drops.

Comment

Working...
              X