Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie! What is the best tear/eye lubricant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie! What is the best tear/eye lubricant?

I have been using Alcon Tears Naturale, but I notice that they irritate my eyes. They have a lot of other "inactive" ingredients.
    I have ordered Dwelle, but what is a good every day drop I can get online or at the drug store?

Oh, I just got something called Nature's Mist by Bio-Logic Technologies. It is a mist you spray on. It feels very nice and neutral,
    refreshing even, but only lasts for a few minutes. They claim it is for people who have trouble with drops. It says it is concocted from "tissue cultured water" whatever that is!

Thanks,
    Cabut
    Cabut
    65yr.old male, Arizona resident.

Cabut-You can ask 10 people about a "good" drop and you might get 10 different answers. Until you try some, and find out what's best for YOU, it's hard to say.

For starters, I'd say try TheraTears in the individual vials. I've always found them to be a good all around dry eye drop. Another is Refresh or Refresh Plus. From there, you can just go down the pharmacy aisle and pick one out every week. I do use all of Dr. Holly's drops, but I always try to keep a box of TheraTears vials on hand. Hope this helps. Lucy
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
      Cabut-You can ask 10 people about a "good" drop and you might get 10 different answers. Until you try some, and find out what's best for YOU, it's hard to say.

For starters, I'd say try TheraTears in the individual vials. I've always found them to be a good all around dry eye drop. Another is Refresh or Refresh Plus. From there, you can just go down the pharmacy aisle and pick one out every week. I do use all of Dr. Holly's drops, but I always try to keep a box of TheraTears vials on hand. Hope this helps. Lucy
      Thank you Lucy, it does. Ever since I got these trial plugs in the lowers, the Alcon Refresh drops get like glue in the morning upon awakening. Is there Just one variety of TheraTears?

Cabut
      Cabut
      65yr.old male, Arizona resident.

Comment

I will echo what Lucy said. The best drop is the one that works for you. Use trial and error, try each drop for a couple of weeks before you draw any conclusions about it. Personally, the only drop that gives me good relief is TheraTears in the vials. I keep the TheraTears in the bottle in my car where keeping an open vial in wait is not so easy. They work better than nothing, but no where near as good as the vials.
        Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Theratears in the single vials is it for "one size fits all." No gunk, no junk.
          Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Refresh Plus works best for me at this time, but that can change in just days.I was using Soothe and had some relief for awhile and now I find them irritating. The worst thing for me about this whole thing is that it keeps on changing. I do know for sure that Dr. Latkany's Eye spa (as described in his book) makes a huge difference for me.

Comment

Dry eye treatment/Lubricant

I just found the best of the best FOR ME. It is called FreshKote a perscription eye drop. I was on Restasis, Doxy, Lotemax and Pataday. I was unable to us a lubricant at night because I don't seem to make tears at night and the lubricant was still there in the morning.
              I had immediate relief using FreshKote and am no longer using Restasis. I tried Restasis for 6 month with no results. Finally after one long year I have some relief.

Comment

I like Refresh Plus vials best. It doesnt stay in the eye long, but its good for some instant relief for me.

bassfan

Comment

Working...
                X