Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freshkote

Hi:

Anyone here use Freshkote? Does it sting the way Dwelle stings?
    Thanks!
    If life is a bowl of cherries, then why I am I stuck in the pits!

Hi, kcoffiner.

Rojzen has posted a lot on her experiences with Fresh Kote, most recently was this thread:

http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showthread.php?t=5914

Also, I think that yoganut has used it, too.

--Liz

Comment

Liz, you're a diamond!

Thank you so much for directing kcoffiner to my FreshKote notes! I've been remiss at times, lately, and regularly miss signals that I need to act on, here. What a blessing your alertness and acumen with links is for so many of us! I've used your links regularly, to scientific articles and posts here. . .

Those looking for my FreshKote experience should know that FreshKote did, occasionally, sting on instillation, for me, as does Dwelle, but this never deterred me from continuing with it. When I run out of my current stock of Dakrina and Dwelle, I'm going to use a remaining fresh bottle of FreshKote I still have. In any case, whether a Dr. Holly drop stings seems to depend, for me, on the particular environment I'm in, and how dry I am systemically.

In the past few days, btw, Dr. Holly has posted something fascinating about how it would be ideal if his drops could be dispensed from a dropper bottle with a tiny-er opening. A smaller volume of drop would work optimally, with less residue. I suspect that stinging would continue for those who react in this way, but when the drops become available in a tiny-er dropper (if ever), perhaps some of us may experience some change in the degree of stinging. Regardless, I have somehow never been worried or bothered by the stinging. My anxiety trigger has always been something quite different: menthol sensation. (As noted in other threads, that sensation is now rare for me, so long as I remain on the Dr. Holly drops.)
      <Doggedly Determined>

Comment

Hi, Rojzen!

I'm so glad that you posted an update. I read your posts right away, because they are always so helpful.

That was a great point that you elicited from Dr. Holly about the size of drops. I try to dispense as small a drop as possible, but that does not always work. I think that the white bottles that the DEC uses are better than many of the clear ones that I have bought from other companies' eye drops, however. It seems that the drops size is smaller than when I tried something like Tears Naturale II.

Thanks, again, for your insights and help, Rojzen!

--Liz

Comment

A smaller volume of drop would work optimally, with less residue. I suspect that stinging would continue for those who react in this way, but when the drops become available in a tiny-er dropper (if ever), perhaps some of us may experience some change in the degree of stinging.
          Just my 2 cents here. I've used Dr. Holly's drops since 2001. The bottle has not changed as far as I know. True, the dropper is not ideal, but really it's the drops that are the PEARL. I believe if they came with a "dropper" that as many people would complain about that as do the size of the bottle opening.

Also, about burning.......I've tried just about everything and am now checking on autologous serum soon. I've had burning and I've had drops with no burning. It's my belief that you may have to deal with this if you want to try and find drops that will benefit you. My eyes burn all the time, so a little extra doesn't matter. Usually this goes away after a short time.

Before Restasis, some of us used a cyclosporine mixture. That almost took me to the ceiling. I almost couldn't stand it, but my eyes were so bad, I had to give it some weeks to see if it would help in the long run. In the meantime, I'm thankful for Dr. Holly's drops and hope a way can be found to keep them on the market.

Lucy
          Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Working...
          X