Dwelle, NutraTear, FreshKote--some thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dwelle, NutraTear, FreshKote--some thoughts

I recently started using Dwelle and NutraTear instead of my usual Genteal Gel and Tears Naturale PF, and it seems to have thrown everything OFF for me. At first I thought the drops were activating my tears, but then I realized the tears were a sign of reaction and inflammation. My lids were itchy, raw, swollen, and my tears very watery with intermittent surges of vision-obscuring mucous (not stringy).

The more I used the Holly drops, the more unstable my eyes got. Dakrina, especially, caused a lot of irritation. So I went back to my old routine and got better---sort of.

I got a prescription for FreshKote. I'm using it morning and evening only, and I think it's really helping. It's thin, but seems to coat my eyes and last all day. It doesn't leave as much residue as Dwelle or NutraTear and it's more soothing.

The Holly drops seem to have activated my eyes' defense mechanisms (that's understandable--I have Sjogren's Syndrome, so there's a trend toward inflammation anyway). This may not be a bad thing, but I now realize that I have to introduce the changes more slowly.

My eyes are in such a reactive state that one of my punctal plugs was being forced out---I had that removed yesterday. I'm hoping that with the help of FreshKote, I may not need to replace it.

Hoping for improvement---still---after all these years.

Calli

Nutratear and Freshkote

Calli,
    How is Freshkote helping you? How is Freshkote different than Nutratear?

Comment

I was just curious if you have tried NutaTears since you haven't mentioned it, and from experience using all three, I can understand how Dwelle and Dakrina could be uncomfortable, but NutraTear feels way different. If you haven't tried it, it might be a good idea also due to its healing effect of its B12 and wettability. It might be that the the high oncotic pressure polymer in Dwella /Dakrina make that difference.

Comment

Working...
      X