Dr. Holly's "FreshKote"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. Holly's "FreshKote"

Has anyone used this eyedrop, and if so, did it help you?

Thanks!

FreshKote

Is FreshKote still available? It doesn't appear at the Dry Eye Shop. Is this one that was maybe discontinued? Curious about it myself.

Comment

Gaye,
      Freshkote is quite similar in formulation to Dwelle and Dakrina, but we do not have licensing rights to distribute it. It will, hopefully within several months, become commercially available through another source. In the meantime I believe it is still available through the compounding pharmacy (Apothecure).
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

FreshKote

I am so pleased with NutraTear and Dwelle, that I don't think I would even bother. They are awesome!

Comment

Freshkote is my eyedrop of choice. I love it. It's really the only drop I like. I hope to see it on the shelves soon.

Thank you to Dr. Holly!

Chris

Comment

The right drop!

I'm going to try all the drops mentioned, I'm so frustrated having not found a product that works for more than a few hours.
            Does anyone truly understand the meaning of "herpes fo the eye"?? I'm confused about the the diagnois, treatment, ect.......

Comment

Do you have ocular herpes? I think you mentioned in another thread that you are on Restasis?

I was just talking with a researcher today about this. From what I was told, Restasis really should not be used when you have ocular herpes. Cindy emailed me a link that mentions this as well (thank you Cindy!) here. Maybe something to discuss with your doctor???
              Rebecca Petris
              The Dry Eye Foundation
              dryeyefoundation.org
              800-484-0244

Comment

Maybe I'll give that one a try too

Originally posted by Rebecca Petris
                Gaye,
                Freshkote is quite similar in formulation to Dwelle and Dakrina, but we do not have licensing rights to distribute it. It will, hopefully within several months, become commercially available through another source. In the meantime I believe it is still available through the compounding pharmacy (Apothecure).
                Rebecca, I have now tried all three. Nutratear, Dwelle and Dakrina. I really only need the 'goop' for sleeping as that is when my eye problems affect me the most. Believe it or not, Nutratear is the drop that I like the best for over night. So how similar to Dwelle and Dakrina is Freshkote?

Comment

I'm no expert but my understanding is that it's basically Dwelle plus a lipid-containing ingredient.
                  Rebecca Petris
                  The Dry Eye Foundation
                  dryeyefoundation.org
                  800-484-0244

Comment

link

Originally posted by Rebecca Petris
                    I'm no expert but my understanding is that it's basically Dwelle plus a lipid.
                    Rebecca, what is the link to the compounding pharmacy?

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by rhohltjr
                      Rebecca, what is the link to the compounding pharmacy?

Robert
                      I'm not Rebecca (don't even play her on TV), but here's a link that gives you two compounding pharmacies:

http://www.dryeyepain.com/CustomEyedrops.htm

Here are the individual pharmacies' links:

http://pvpsc.com/apothecare.htm

AND

http://www.leiterrx.com/

Comment

Freshkote is available only at Apothecure (www.apothecure.com). I believe they require a prescription.
                        Rebecca Petris
                        The Dry Eye Foundation
                        dryeyefoundation.org
                        800-484-0244

Comment

Freshkote "stinging" now

I used to always order my Freshkote through Dr. Holly, but I wanted to order quite a few so I ordered 12 through Apothecure. These drops sting when instilled in my eye. The ones I used to order through Dr. Holly didn't sting. Different formula?

I'll have to check with Dr. Holly about this. I just spent over $300 on this.

Rats!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris
                            I used to always order my Freshkote through Dr. Holly, but I wanted to order quite a few so I ordered 12 through Apothecure. These drops sting when instilled in my eye. The ones I used to order through Dr. Holly didn't sting. Different formula?

I'll have to check with Dr. Holly about this. I just spent over $300 on this.

Rats!
                            Freshkote has been made at the same place for several years - so it can't be a different formula. However, my recollection is that there may have been times when a lower grade of one of the ingredients was substituted for a higher grade because of the great difficulty of procuring the higher grade, and that batches using the lower grade stung people. (Apothecure makes it in very small batches.). I think I had a bottle of Dakrina like that once. I'd suggest calling Apothecure. Are the bottles all the same lot?
                            Last edited by Rebecca Petris; 27-Oct-2005, 10:43.
                            Rebecca Petris
                            The Dry Eye Foundation
                            dryeyefoundation.org
                            800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
                            X