Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FreshKote--some thoughts

Hey All,

I just wanted to say that this is my first time trying FreshKote, and I think it's a big improvement over other drops I've tried.

1. I thought it would be a hassle to get--you know--hard to convince my eye doctor and all that. But it wasn't---he just wrote me a prescription.

2. I thought the pharmacy would say they've never heard of it---but that wasn't the case. They (Walgreen's) had a distributor and I got it the next day.

3. I was afraid the cost ($30 per 15 mL bottle---not covered by my insurance) would be a deterrent. BUT---this is not the case. In fact, it has been a GOOD thing for me. Because it's expensive, I am careful to use it only twice a day--morning and evening. This is good, because I tend to "over drop" when my eyes are feeling bad. So the extra cost is an inducement to be frugal, and it's better for my eyes.

4. It's "thin" like Dwelle, but produces a bit less crustiness, which I like.

5. It's pretty compatible with my PF drops (I use Tears Naturale Free)--so if I need extra moisture occasionally, the two types don't seem to "fight" each other.

5. It works so well, that I rarely have to use extra drops during the day. I can go from about 7 AM to 7 PM pretty comfortably.

Perhaps Dwelle would be much the same--IF--I used it with restraint. Dakrina doesn't work for me--I think it has a bit more of the "solids", the polymers, as a percentage in it.

I have't had much luck with NutraTear, either---which seems to sting more and last a shorter amount of time.

Calli
    (severe dry eye, Sjogren's Syndrome, stable)

Calli, it sounds as though you are doing "ok", which is a good thing. Also, thanks for letting us know about your use of Freshkote. This might tempt others to try it.

It's "thin" like Dwelle, but produces a bit less crustiness, which I like
    This is so funny, because I think Dwelle is "thick" (also crusty.)
    Dakrina doesn't work for me--I think it has a bit more of the "solids", the polymers, as a percentage in it.
    I do like Dakrina--ok. But your note about it being "thick" is also funny because I find it much "thinner" than Dwelle. We are a bunch of different ducks in DEZ for sure. It just proves more than ever, that unless you try something, you'll never know if it's good for you. I hope your combinations continue to serve you well. Lucy
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
      we are a bunch of different ducks in DEZ for sure. It just proves more than ever, that unless you try something, you'll never know if it's good for you.
      That's SO true. I guess I can understand why eye doctors would get frustrated trying to help us dry eye ducks. It sure doesn't help that we end up having to figure things out for ourselves. But it DOES help that Dry Eye Talk is here to help us sort out our symptoms and treatments.

Thanks, Lucy, and I hope the serum drops help---good luck with them and report back soon.

Calli

Comment

Working...
      X