refresh pm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• refresh pm

I was wondering if anyone has had success using this product? Although blepharitis seems to be my main problem, Im thinking trying to treat my mild dry eye might also help to treat blepharitis. I notice in the middle of the night my eyelid become extremely dry and maybe even stick to my eye. I was wondering if refresh pm is safe to use? I do plan on also getting tranquileyes at some point, but just wanted to give this a shot for now.

Originally posted by futbolplayer1 View Post
    I was wondering if anyone has had success using this product? Although blepharitis seems to be my main problem, Im thinking trying to treat my mild dry eye might also help to treat blepharitis. I notice in the middle of the night my eyelid become extremely dry and maybe even stick to my eye. I was wondering if refresh pm is safe to use? I do plan on also getting tranquileyes at some point, but just wanted to give this a shot for now.
    I can't be fancy and technical in explaining this like someone else might be, but the fact that it's an oily ointment is a bad thing, because it causes build up and makes any additional tears (including your own, or drops) float uselessly off the oily puddles, and whatnot. Okay, so I'm not exactly scientific with this, but the general idea is that ointments can make your dry eye worse over time instead of better.

Try a gel, like theratears gel (in vials), instead.

Comment

ditto on ointments; try Dwelle or Clinitas Ultra 3

Petrolatum-based ointments do, indeed, make real wetting of the ocular surface pretty impossible. . .at least in my experience. . .Momentary relief from the glop may only spell long hours, later in the day, of rawness and redness. . .

Many of us here have become able to open eyes during the night through steady use of Dwelle or its European sister (not identical) product Clinitas Ultra 3. Please see the section on tear pathophysiology, with Dr. Frank Holly, in Dry Eye Talk, for copious discussion of the science behind these amazing drops. . .
      <Doggedly Determined>

Comment

refresh pm worked for me

I use refresh pm and it really helps me. I am interested in Dwelle too though. Only put a small amount in your eye. If you put too much in you will probably get some unfavorable side effects.

Comment

Working...
        X