Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eye drops making it worse?

Hey all,

I have been using Thera Tears Liquid Gel for about a month and must say it improved things to the point of almost being normal again, but lately my eyes have been hellishly sore all the time, and it feels like using the gel is actually making it worse now... I have no idea how this happened. I put in maybe a bit too much one night, woke up with really crusty and sore eyes and now I can't use it at all.. It's so depressing.

I think it's the fact that the gel seems to 'dry' up into a crusty layer which irritates my eyes. Anyone who uses this gel have any tips? The thing is if I don't use the gel my eyes get even worse.

Does anyone know, are there any drops out there that have the consistency and relief feeling of the Thera Tears Liquid Gel but don't dry up into a crusty mess? I am really stuck and need help atm.

Thanks very much

I too had problem with this gel. Me and gels don't work. I found I think it is by Tears natural a severe dry eye drop that seems thicker but not quiet a gel

Comment

Hi

I live in Canada and they don't seem to have Genteal Gel that comes in a twin pack - preservative free

The box has written on it: GenTeal Gel, Lubricant eye Gel, Preservative Free in the eye with Gen Aqua

The top of the box is orange and notes: "For Severe Dry eye relief"

I stocked up on it when I was in Buffalo NY - I don't have any the symptoms you mentioned.

Now here is the weird thing which is not a reply to your concern, but I just want others to see it. This might just be the difference between Canadian and American labeling laws.

Someone told me the same product is available in Canada but the manufacturer is not allowed to put on "Preservative Free in the Eye" because it has preservative UNTIL it's put in the eye. The preservative disappears once in contact with the eye. It's a very fine difference but there is that difference so if it is true, it's not preservative free.

One of these days I will call Novartis (Manufacturer) and find out if this is true or false.

In the meantime, the product is amazing for me - no guarantees that others feel the same way.

eva

Comment

Working...
      X