What drops/gell should I use at night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What drops/gell should I use at night

So I think I am beginning to see a pattern with this.

if I get a good night sleep my eyes are likely to feel better, if I get a bad night sleep they feel worse the next day. When I have a bad night sleep I wake early morning with a terrible ache in my lasik eye and it feels bone dry, almost swollen, though it does open ok (that is it isn't stiking to my eye lid) I am unable to return to sleep and the pain overflows into the next day.

During the day I wear an eye patch, use Sytane pres. free, Nutra tear, and Dwelle,but after a bad night sleep they don't seem to provide any relief. But after god night sleep i don't need so much drops. I'm also taking Flaxseed and seeing a nutritionist, and drinking water like someone else is paying for it, well i guess that would be my landlady!

I use the gogles, humidifier and warm compress before bed, along with Dwelle that I have been using for two weeks. But I feel I need extra moisture in my eye for the night time, so it won't be irriated the next day.

When looking through teh "daily routine" I see Theratears, Genteal, Refresh pm coming up. Any thoughts on adding these to my bedtime routine...would this be instead of or along with the Dwelle.

Any thoughts are always appreciated.

Thanks,

Bernadette
    Last edited by bernmee; 24-Jun-2008, 15:24. Reason: add ifo.

Gen-Teal Gel (not the ointment) works very well for me.

Comment

I also use GenTeal gel. On really bad nights, I will get up during the night and put in some more gel.
      Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Me too

The Gel, NOT the ointment.

Billye

Comment

I understand the reason for the gel not the ointment...thanks to this site.

I was in Walgreens today and I was looking at the Gen Teal. The one for severe dry eye was preservative free so I guess that is the one to go for.

So a big question here. Do you use it instead of...or do you incorporate Dwelle into your night time routine. I'm always afraid to make a change without running it by those with more experience.

Thanks for taking the time to answer...it makes the world of difference.

Bernadette

Comment

I also use and swear by genteal gel to sleep with. Use it instead of any other drop. In the morning I wake up and do the warm rice baggie, then I do my lid massages, and then put in drops. You can use your dwell at this point if you like. Then I get up and wash my face. This is what seems to work for me.
            Good luck!

Comment

I use only the gel at bedtime. When my eyes were really bad I would also use it a couple of times during the day. The gel at night guarantees me waking up without my eyelids stuck and I have not had an erosion when using it.

Comment

Right I have the hange of it...in theory anyway...off to bed for me.

Bernadette

Comment

I use Dwelle, and fifteen minutes later, Genteal Gel. I know that some people here use only Dwelle, and I hope that I can do that some day. It would be easier and cheaper to have just one eye drop.

Comment

thanks for all that. I had a terrble night sleep due to a car alarm that kept going off, but when I woke throughtout the night my Lasik eye felt more moist then my other eye.

Only one night but i am really happy so fdar.

I think I will use the Dwelle and then latere the Genteal, and see if I can lower the dose sometime in the future.

So how about day time relief. When I am in pain I find a shower and 15 minute lie down works great, which I do three time a day. But this isn't always an option.

Do any of you use anything that helps relieve the pain when it kicks in...or should I just keep up withe the Dewlle/Nutra tear combo. I see they have Genteal drops rather then gel for sale...do any of you use this.

Any help with my day time drops would be helpful.

I would be sooo lost and still in so much pain without the help of you all on this site.

Bernadette

Comment

Originally posted by bernmee View Post
                      thanks for all that. I had a terrble night sleep due to a car alarm that kept going off, but when I woke throughtout the night my Lasik eye felt more moist then my other eye.

Only one night but i am really happy so fdar.

I think I will use the Dwelle and then latere the Genteal, and see if I can lower the dose sometime in the future.

So how about day time relief. When I am in pain I find a shower and 15 minute lie down works great, which I do three time a day. But this isn't always an option.

Do any of you use anything that helps relieve the pain when it kicks in...or should I just keep up withe the Dewlle/Nutra tear combo. I see they have Genteal drops rather then gel for sale...do any of you use this.

Any help with my day time drops would be helpful.

I would be sooo lost and still in so much pain without the help of you all on this site.

Bernadette
                      If my eyes are feeling really dry and gritty and Dwelle (actually I use Clinitas Ultra 3, but it's similar) is not helping, I sometimes use Systane. It feels nice and lasts a long time for me. I also use it if I'm going into a situation I know will bother me - a meeting in a room with a fan or a breezy open window, for example. I have the bottle with preservative, but they sell pf vials as well.

Beware of using Genteal drops too close to using Genteal gel. They sting like crazy if used too close together. I found this out the hard way, and others have mentioned it too.

Lisa

Comment

Hi lIsa,

Thanks for that.

I don't find the Systane provides me with any relief, but with two nights on the genteal gel I have noitced a huge difference in my day time eyes.

I'm thinking I might try the Genteal drops or Thera tear/drops for the day..any thought on the difference between these two before I introduce them to my purse of drops?

I am still going to use my Dwelle and Nutratear, as well as the two plugs I have. But I am looking for a drop that gives me that soothing and "oiled" feeling for the day.

Bernadette

Comment

Working...
                        X