GenTeal Gel Drops...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GenTeal Gel Drops...

I noticed these at Walgreens the other day. They are new and I was wondering if anyone had tried them yet. Rants or raves anyone? TIA!

I got these about five nights ago in the advice of several people at this site. Genteal gel for severe dry eye.

They have gotten me through the last five nights and by default have made my days feel pain free.

I can't say enough about the difference they have my comfort level.

B.

Comment

Thanks for your reply B. -

I already use the gel at night (glad you love it too) but they also now have a new "gel drop" that's not in a tube but in a dropper bottle. I just bought some and they are very soothing. It has an orange band at the top of the label that says " Genteal Gel Drops, Moderate/Severe Dry Eye Relief". I also have the old GenTeal Lubricant Eye Drops, Moderate Dry Eye Relief which are not quite as thick as these new ones. (I need something thicker druing the day too.) So far so good.

Comment

I recently tried to go back to the GenTeal gel at night for some extra moisture -- and they hurt like crazy!!! I have no idea why? Way worse than the stinging of Dwelle. I wonder if the drops would have the same effect?

Dwelle is great for night -- but just not quite thick enough.

Comment

I use the Genteal Gel at night. However, the gel drops make my eyes feel even drier. The reason there are so many different formulations and brand of drops is because one does not work for everyone. Trial and error is the way you find what works best for you.
          Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Do these drops have preservatives? Can you put them in with contacts in or do you have to take your contacts out, like with Soothe drops?

Comment

for me they don't work. they formulated to be preservative free in the eye-but for people that make very little or no tears the preservative does not get washed away. since i'm sensitive to preservatives they burn like crazy...

Comment

Mfa08,

I have the same problem. What helps me is to instill the gel or gel drop into the lower-lid pocket and then roll my eyes around. I sometimes put that drop in about five minutes after using a vial of Refresh PF drops, too, as a way of curtailing that problem.

--Liz

Comment

I was going to post about these!!! I found them too and I really like them first thing in the morning. I was happy to see them on the shelf. They remind me of the systane liquid gel drop they had out when I first got lasik, I loved those but they discontinued them. Anyway, yes, I really like them they feel great to me.

Comment

Working...
                  X