No announcement yet.

Dwelle Stuck My Eyelashes Shut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How people use Dwelle ought to be related to what they are using it for, especially whether therapeutically or palliatively.

On a 'bigger picture' note not specific to Dwelle, one thing that we used to talk about on the forum now and then was the importance of prevention. We all know the frustration of inexplicable ups and downs with DES. Many of us have concluded that it is very important to stick to a routine even when the symptoms are better - assuming your routine is something reasonable not just throwing everything and the kitchen sink in your eyes.

Originally posted by rubyslippers View Post
    I ordered Dwelle and then cancelled it when I learned contact wearers could not use it.
    I'm a little confused about this. There is no reason contact lens users can't use Dwelle at night and in fact many CTL wearers put it in night and morning to increase their wear time. The limitation with Dwelle is that like most lubricants it is not FDA approved specifically for use as a CTL lubricant i.e. for application over the lenses.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Now that I have a "remission" I no longer need it for what I had planned to use it for which was during my work day when the pain is the worst. When I learned I could not use it with my contacts in, I cancelled at that point. I use GenTeal Gel at night with good results and so was looking for something during the day. I had also read about how well it worked gradually over time and had planned to put it in for that reason. I wear my contacts from the second I get up until the second I go to bed. This is only since I have a "remission" which I credit 30% to the combination of plugs and Eye Spa treatment and 70% to Synergyes. I rarely even need drops now during the day.

Certainly, if I go through a bad enough time again that I cannot wear contacts I will absolutely try the Dwelle based on testimonials here. At this point my doctor feels that we have it managed extremely well and he says not to muddy the waters with anything.

Comment

Hello Rubyslippers,

I wear RGPs, and I find that gels don't help as much as using NutraTear regularly. I use it at night when I remove my lenses, and again in the morning when I get up. These drops seem to improve my tear quality, so I feel they have long-term benefits that gels cannot give.

Good luck,

Lynne

Comment

Working...
        X