Similasan allergy eye drops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Similasan allergy eye drops

My eyes would feel irritated and burn. This would happen off and on, and I did not know why. I was on vacation for a week and this didn't happen. Three hours after I returned, my eyes starting feeling very irritated. This led me to believe it is environmental. Living in Wisconsin, we have lots of trees, pollen that sort of stuff. I don't have classic allergy symptoms (running eyes and itching), although I have tried Panatol. Panatol did nothing for me.
    I picked on some similasan allergy drops on a whim. These drops did wonders for me. My eyes were very irritated when I first used them and felt much better within an hour. Usually when my eyes feel irritated nothing will help for the rest of the day.
    I have been using Dwelle at night and Similasan during the day for the last 3 weeks. I have not experienced any irritation, or if I have it has been very mild.
    I have not tried any of the other Similasan drops. I don't know if it is coincidental that the allergy drops help me, or if any Similasan drop would.

Thanks for the report. Many of us have used Similasan drops from time to time. I don't know anyone personally who uses them exclusively, but this is a chance for people who have not tried Similasan drops to do so. I have heard other people who like the drops.
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Have you tried this product yet?

I have used two kinds of Similisan drops and have had some relief but for some reason my eyes burn a few minutes after I put them in. My eye doctor suggested a drop called Aquify. This is a drop that is primarily used to keep soft contacts from drying out while in the eyes, however, due to the extra moisture this product provides, I have found I really like using these drops like a regular lubricant drop. The preservative disappears as soon as it hits your eye and I have sustained comfort for quite some time, even working on the computer! The drop is actually on the shelf by the saline solutions for contacts (at least this is where it is located at Walmart). It says Aquify on the small bottle. IMPORTANT NOTE: Don't accidentally pick up the saline solution that says Aquify; look for the small bottle of drops that say Aquify lubricant drops for soft contacts. It's the only product I have found that is refreshing and actually really seems to relieve the grittiness and burning for awhile. I have benefited from them greatly and can even wear my contacts (Focus Night and Day) for short periods of time and have little irritation. I know this sounds weird, but when I have my contacts in sometimes, I think my eyes are less irritated than when I don't wear them. I wonder if this is because the air doesn't directly hit the eye and stimulate the response to tears (i.e. air conditioning, high winds) Just thinking out loud!!!

Originally posted by jcorbett
      My eyes would feel irritated and burn. This would happen off and on, and I did not know why. I was on vacation for a week and this didn't happen. Three hours after I returned, my eyes starting feeling very irritated. This led me to believe it is environmental. Living in Wisconsin, we have lots of trees, pollen that sort of stuff. I don't have classic allergy symptoms (running eyes and itching), although I have tried Panatol. Panatol did nothing for me.
      I picked on some similasan allergy drops on a whim. These drops did wonders for me. My eyes were very irritated when I first used them and felt much better within an hour. Usually when my eyes feel irritated nothing will help for the rest of the day.
      I have been using Dwelle at night and Similasan during the day for the last 3 weeks. I have not experienced any irritation, or if I have it has been very mild.
      I have not tried any of the other Similasan drops. I don't know if it is coincidental that the allergy drops help me, or if any Similasan drop would.

Comment

Jcorbett,

Thanks for the hint on the Similsan Allergy drops. I may pick up a botle.

Diana
        Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Question

I was just wondering if I could use those drops even though I don't wear contacts? I am still suffering from excess mucus and dry eye in the morning. Mostly my left eye is the worst and its so dry I have to practically open it up with my fingers and put saline drops in. I don't know how much longer I can take this? I quit taking the NAC and Gluth, I didn't notice any change at all. I don't see how I got this MGD? I never use to have eye problems and now its going on 3 years I have been suffering from this problem. I only wish there was something I could take or some sort of drop to stop these stringy mucus things from coming out of my eyes and disturbing my well being. So is it safe for me to try contact drops if I don't wear them? Thank you Delilah

Comment

Similasan eye drops

Hello Delilah - the Similasan drops can be used by anyone, though I think they do have one for contact wearers. I have the allergy drops and use them occasionally, but I find I like NutraTear better for day use. Similasan even has a drop for cataracts and computer use. The computer ones might be interesting to try.

Comment

Hi Delilah, if you meant the Aquify drops, I don't wear contacts but tried them anyway. I called their 800 number and asked first. You might like them. I did for about a day and then it was back to NutraTear.

I find that I think of you quite often. It's good to hear from you.
              Cindy

"People may not always remember exactly what you said or what you did, but they will always remember how you made them feel." ~ Unknown

Comment

Thank you Cindy and Gaye!!

I don't know what I would do without all of you? Thank you for thinking of me. Im just a 29 year old single woman trying to make ends meet, living in a boring town lol. This eye trouble has gotten me down a lot. I have many other medical problems but this one is the worst. I just wish it would go away. I really would love to hear an actual explanation of why this happened all of a sudden when I never ever use to have eye problems? I had to work the fair this year and brought my mirror with tissue and it was so embarassing because people thought I was vain or stuck up, when in reality I was taking those stringy mucus things out of my eyes. I tried the water proof mascara and didn't like it, so I suffered with my other make-up. Im embarassed to even go on dates because I don't know how they will react to me pulling out my little pocket mirror and tissue Im going to get those eye drops to see how they work. This morning wasn't as bad, I could actually open my eyes and they were not pryed shut Well I better get going, just know that I think of you too, hopefully some day we can get that convention going, I would love to meet all of you. God Bless you all and have a good day. Your Friend in Idaho. Delilah

Comment

Aquify drop question

Aquify is a lubricant drop that is actually made for people to use when they wear contacts, however, my doctor suggested I use them even though I can't wear my contacts. I use these drops periodically during the day and I think they help tremendously. This formula seems to stay on my eyes for a longer period of time. I work on the computer constantly and it is the only thing that relieves the burn and irritation simply by keeping the eye moist longer. I have tried many products also but I find I like these the best as they do not irritate my eyes and the preservative disappears on contact. Everyone is different so just keep experimenting until you find THE ONE! Good luck! Robin

Comment

Working...
                  X