X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally, acknowledgement about Allergic reaction to methylcellulose

On my hunt for a remedy for this disease I found this website:
    http://www.eyecarebasics.com/eye-car...-treatment.htm

I was just really glad that they acknowledged that methylcellulose can cause allergic reactions. When I went to my Dr after using Refresh which has methylcellulose in it, my eyes turned bloodshot red, burning and so much mucus was coming out of them the two dr's that saw me said "ermmm, its unlikely that that the Refresh caused this." ON BOTH occasions of me using Refresh and having that reaction, they said that!
    I know Terri also suffered something similar.

Just an FYI for everyone.
    Last edited by suneetk1; 17-Jul-2008, 09:23. Reason: missed a word

tremendous find!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart, suneetk1, for discovering this acknowledgment! For YEARS I told my eye docs that I would try anything new save for another methylcellulose product, because all variations of methylcellulose seemed to worsen my symptoms. No one would believe me about this, and my pleading that I needed something quite different only reinforced some of these doctors' assumption that I was a hypochondriac, in the first place, and incompetent to evaluate my own symptoms.

I've always wondered how substances, such as methylcellulose compounds, that can be used, in other contexts, to break lipids down, could be helpful to eyes that tend to be lacking normal lipid films in the first place. . .

Now to learn that methylcellulose can even be allergenic is quite validating. . .

Thanks again!
    <Doggedly Determined>

Comment

No problem matey.

Comment

Working...
      X