Ointment Use: need some links or articles on this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ointment Use: need some links or articles on this

I'm trying to find some articles for a friend with Sjogren's. Her eyes are in bad shape, and she uses the PM petrolatum/mineral oil ointment at night. Even though I've discussed with her why this isn't good for dry eyes, she's not convinced, and was wanting some articles and information to back this up. I can't explain it very well.

I found Rebecca's statement here:

"Petroleum products are good for a lot of things, but in eyes? Truth be told, the big-time eye surface wetting theorists, the PhDs of tears, all have endless very persuasive arguments why putting greasy stuff in your eye, though it may keep off tonight’s abrasion, will actually be bad for your eye longer-term because it will make it that much harder for your eyes to stay wet. While we don’t have the background or the patience to wend our way through the scientific arguments..."

I think my friend needs those scientific arguments, but I can't figure out what search terms to use on Google.

Does anybody have a collection of site bookmarks on this topic?

Thanks!

Calli

http://www.eyeworld.org/article.php?sid=4449
    Which is it? Is it what you know or who you know? Or is it how well you convey what you know to who you know it to?

-Tim

Comment

Thanks!

Anybody else?

Calli

Comment

Lots

This subject has been discussed recently

http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showthread.php?t=6304
        Occupation - Optimistologist

Comment

Brdd888-

I remember reading that thread but couldn't find it. I printed out the whole lecture series by Dr Holly. I hope it will help convince my friend to at least try to quit with the ointment.

I've told her about Dry Eye Zone here, but she doesn't spend much time at the computer because of her eyes.

Thanks again,

Calli

Comment

Working...
          X