Thera Tears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thera Tears

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed that they have changed the vial for Thera Tears preservative free vials. You can no longer re-cap the vial to use it several times. I just ordered a box of 12 and the whole box is the new vial! On the Thera Tear website I don't see anywhere it advertised that they changed or why they changed it. On the box it doesn't say "NEW" design anywhere. I called the 1-800 number to ask about getting a box of the old design. Maybe if enough people complain they will bring it back!

I have used Thera Tears in vials for a few years and have never ever gotten a vial that I could re-cap. Check the expiration date on your old box if you still have it. Maybe it is a really old box?
    Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

I buy my Thera Tears from Denmark, and for a long time now the vials I have gotten can be re-capped. In the beginning when I started to buy the drops (around 2006) the vials were different (once it was opened, no way to close it again).

Toril
      Last edited by Toril; 27-Aug-2008, 17:21. Reason: writing error

Comment

I've been using TheraTears for many years and have never seen a vial that could be "recapped." Have thought it would be nice many times, though. Lucy
        Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Thera Tears

I actually called the company to ask about the new vials.

There are two styles "American style" (which can be recapped) and the "Canadian style" (which can't be recapped). I've been ordering boxes 12 at a time from Thera Tears and until this week they have all been vials that can be recapped. The lady from Thera Tears sounded unsure which vial they were going to stock.

Comment

I use "EyeCept" and those vials cannot be re-capped either.

I found that caps from "Tears Naturale Free" caps fit the "EyeCept" vials.

Lynne

Comment

Originally posted by T.Sykes View Post
              I actually called the company to ask about the new vials.

There are two styles "American style" (which can be recapped) and the "Canadian style" (which can't be recapped). I've been ordering boxes 12 at a time from Thera Tears and until this week they have all been vials that can be recapped. The lady from Thera Tears sounded unsure which vial they were going to stock.
              Interesting that they sell so many Canadian style in the US. I would love to have some American style!
              Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

wow.. that's odd.. I get them from Target and they can always be re-capped. that is part of the reason i love those drops! I didn't use them last year when i was still living in Cali.. hmmmm.. they should have those kind of caps on all them! ahhhh..the things we dry eye people have to deal with!!! those little pesky drops can add up in $$$
                Jenny

Comment

I just got a box of the Canadian no-cap vials. They aren't good IMO, they spit and blow air on your eye, while the liquid is flowing down the tube. Really irritating.

Comment

Working...
                  X