How Many Drops at a Time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Many Drops at a Time?

When applying artificial tears, how many drops do you use in each eye? My eye doctor told me only one drop can 'fit' into an eye at a time. Yet, to get an adeuqate amount of lubrication, I usually apply 3 drops to each eye.

Any thoughts?

Before I had plugs it took 4 drops per eye because they drained down the ducts so fast. Now with plugs, one scant drop per eye will do it after the plugs. After I do my eyelid scrub though, I pour about 6 drops into each eye and make sure they overflow well to get rid of toxins. I understand there are downsides to rinsing too much, but my doctor said since I am prone to bacterial infections, a good rinse a couple times a day can keep the bacteria from setting up housekeeping.

Comment

I use one or two. In the morning, I repeat frequently, probably 4 times in 1 1/2 hours, in addition to my shower to get ahead of the night time dryness.
      Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

In the day, 1-2 each application, at night, I stack in loads before sleep and 1-2 when I wake up in the night.
        just keep swimming...

Comment

two and a big blink

I did two in my lower lid after pulling it down with a big blink to make sure the lubricant went everywhere in my eye. Some will drip out if you have plugs, just have a Kleenex handy. Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X