Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can i buy Optive in UK

Hello

Wandering if anyone knows where i can cheaply get hold of Optive in the UK?
    Heard a lot of good things about this one.

I find living here its difficult to get hold of eye drops, some i've shipped from AMerica but can cost like £30. Can't get restatis.I've tried sooooo many and spent soooo much money i don't want to fork out a lot again only to find it doesn't work again. Also everytime i see an eyedrop advertised that offers me hope i can't get hold of it. The only place i've seen Optive on the net its going to cost me £14 for a small 15ml bottle, which includes £4 shipping.

Also be interested to hear from anyone whos used Optive.
    Cheers
    Caroline

Caroline
    I did a quick google search and found it at lenscatalogue.co.uk in the UK for about £9+.

Mathesons is usually a good place to try for drops (matheson-optometrists.com)

I can assure you that Restatis is not all its cracked up to be. The number of UK people that have searched high and low and found some have been quite dissapointed as it is not the answer for everybody.

There are a few people here that have tried it and liked it, but it only seems to be a few.

I'm not associated or linked to either of these two companies.

I have saved a fortune on drops by using google to search for uk suppliers. It can pay dividends.

Warm regards

Ian

Comment

Just my opinion but I found Optive to be just an average drop. It contains carboxymethelcellulose (sp) and glycerin, maybe you can find an equivalent drop in the UK? Lately I have been using just preservative free Refresh and Genteal drops. best wishes

Comment

Thanks very much for your replies and Prattstar for doing a google search for me! This is the one i found also with £4 shipping so looks like the cheapest one out there for UK people at the moment.

I quite liked the idea it didn't have alcohol in it and lots of people have said it doesn't sting and is quite long lasting. So i think i'll try it, its worth it if i find some help. I feel i need an eye drop that can help restore some of the goblet cell damage. I've heard Systane can do that but that Optive is better and longer lasting.

Cheers
        Caroline

Comment

Anyone have experience on Optive and Systane?

I tried systane. It is smooth. But I had experience it dry in few minutes in a Air-con room, and leaving a sticky dry eye. Also it can't be use often as the sticky accumulate making more dry.

Comment

Working...
          X