Newbie question about Celluvisc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie question about Celluvisc

First let me apologize if people have asked my questions before. I am quite new to the whole dry eye thing and am trying to find out as much as I can.

Yesterday I bought some Celluvisc and I quite like it, even for daytime use. The package says not to reuse the little vials but each vial holds way to much goop for one application, and the vials are recappable. It seems rather wasteful to just throw it out, so I would like to use some during the day and the rest at bedtime.

Does anyone else use theirs more than once or do we all just throw the remainder away?

Thanks.

Vials

What you are doing is fine. Vials have a limited `shelf life' because they do not contain preservatives.

Just take care to avoid touching the eyes in case you spread any infection.

Comment

I use celluvisc and can get 3 doses for both eyes from it
      I keep the vial for 24hours after opening
      I re- cap it and keep it in a 3" by 3" tiny resealable bag - you get those at a stationers (where you buy pens pencils erasers - that sort of thing)That way i feel they are germ free

Comment

Thank you both. I hate to waste things, especially expensive drops like these. I will now feel comfortable saving the leftover for use the same day.

Comment

Why don't use the "with preservation" form?
          That's in a bottle package, can use for 1 month.
          That's call Refxxxx liquidgel, saw from website

signal package is for severe dry, offen use and irritate to preservation.

Comment

I was told by my eye doctor not to do that because you could contaminate your eye. However, if you do that, put it in a sterile bag and store it in the refrigerator. At room temperature, bacteria will grow.

Comment

Originally posted by Dry as a Desert View Post
              I was told by my eye doctor not to do that because you could contaminate your eye. However, if you do that, put it in a sterile bag and store it in the refrigerator. At room temperature, bacteria will grow.
              Those single vial package drops can be use within 12 hours after open, doctor said.

Comment

The Celluvisc box actually says to throw away what you don't use but I have been using it again for up to 12 hours without any adverse effects. I don't like to use the Refresh Liquigel too much because of the preservatives and I didn't find it that helpful anyway.

Since I've had some improvement over the last few weeks, I've just started using Systane Ultra, which is new on the market and is much better than the regular Systane. I limit myself to 4 times a day as it does contain preservatives. If I need more drops than that, I use Refresh Endura for daytime and I still use Celluvisc at night.

Comment

Working...
                X