Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone use preservative eye drops a lot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone use preservative eye drops a lot?

Doctor says for more than 4 times daily, patient should use no-preservative drops.

4 times a day really only for very normal people =.=

But anyone use preservative drops more than 4 times with no problem?
    preservative free drops is expensive, or inconvinent if reuse the vial for more time...

Had try refresh liquigel, seems irritate although it says preservative decompose...systane may bad to use few more time (so bad in air-cond. room)

possible irrelevance or reduced relevance of preservative

HKGComet: Please see the thread recently started by GinaJ, who asked whether others were experiencing her discomfort and aggravation of symptoms when using ONLY PRESERVATIVE-FREE drops.

In a sense, I think you are both asking the same question, even though one of you is interested in preservative-free drops, and the other is interested in safely using preserved drops. As Rebecca Petris points out in GinaJ's thread, the lack of success one is experiencing may have little or nothing to do with the presence or absence of preservatives, since the bottom line is use of a treatment drop that actually wets and inhibits de-wetting of our fragile tear films, and generally, that function is not particularly preservative-related.

As you'll see in the GinaJ thread, I, for one, feel that a long trial of Dwelle is essential in order for that product's potential to be borne out. Dwelle (and its European counterpart) contains a preservative, but it is one that has been studied exhaustively, and been found to be less irritating to the ocular surface than is plain water.

Have you been using the drops, like Dwelle, that have been developed by Dr. Holly? Please forgive if you have covered this previously, and I have missed that. In any case, though, I hope you will or have given Dwelle a good college try.
    <Doggedly Determined>

Comment

I know somebody can sensitive to the substance inside eye drop, not only preservative.

I am asking would the accumulation of preservative when using eye drops every hour "really" make a problem. I don't trust what the doctor say, they may said no more than 4 times a day, from the chemical behavior.

My place didn't have dr.holly's eye drop so I can't try them. Then have anyone using the preservated eye drop very often?

Any other problem is, accumulation of thick eye drops making the eye sticky and hence more dry and uncomfort.

Comment

Tried few new eye drops on past period.

Refresh have discompose preservative, but one I drop in, it is irritate, tried few days and finally give up, it sound good but my eye is bad.

The other one have preservation, seems ok, but using it for half month, seems it is not fully ok. Still a little irritation but not very obvisous, it just sometime little red than not use or same to not use any drops.

The preservation free seems ok, not much problem. The other free in eye preservative one, seems also ok but not feeling very wet.

Comment

Working...
        X