Started using Dwelle and NutraTear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Started using Dwelle and NutraTear

I must first say that I thank Dr. Frank J. Holly for referring me to this site and Mrs. Rebecca Petris for the EXCELLENT service and quick shipment of the products I ordered.

Initially, I emailed Dr. Frank J. Holly regarding my problem. Here's the email I sent to Dr. Holly first:

Hi,

Let me first tell you why this is important to me before I tell you what it is that is important. I'm 18 years old and a Private Pilot working on additional ratings. My goal is to work in the corporate or commercial airline industry. Therefore, vision is vital in my field of interest.

During the past year or so, I've been having night vision problems - halos and starbursts...though starbursts more. Maybe not halos. Earlier this year, I went to my optometrist for about 5 times. He up'd my prescription and did all sorts of tests each time (even dialated my eyes). The test showed my eyes were healthy, had 20/20 or better vision, but my prescription he gave me didn't fix my night vision problem with starbursts. Not to mention, glare is rough of my eyes during the day (glare on cars, reflection off of the water, etc). After many of visits, he recommended me to an opthalmologist.

I went to an opthalmologist and he really didn't do much. He dialated my eyes and tested my refraction, etc. All was normal. I wasnt happy so I went to another opthalmologist. He dialated my eyes. and up'd my prescription thinking for sure this would solve my problem. I told him vision is important since I'm a pilot.

I received the new prescription in my glasses and still have the problem. I go back to him and he had his assistant measure the lens and mark the center of the lens with a marker. After, he told me that this effect is because my pupils are bigger than normal and because i'm nearsighted also.

Keep in mind...

1) I see better than 20/20 corrected
    2) My prescription is -2.00 in my left eye and -2.25 in my right
    3) I haven't had any type of corrective surgery

My questions to you are...

1) Should i be worried about this problem since i'm a pilot?
    2) Do nearsighted people often see this effect?
    3) Is marking the lens a way to measure my pupil size? and determining it's bigger than normal?
    4) Would I be a qualifying patient for LASIK? would it improve my halo effect or worsen it?
    5) I heard pupil-size reducing drops are not approved by the FAA...that true?
    6) Should i go back to contacts and get my newest prescription made with them? Will that help?
    7) At night, are my effects normal to an extent? No. or does normal vision consist of seeing the source emitting the light as that shape of the source itself?

Please help. This problem is of great annoyance to me.
    Dr. Holly continued asking me questions regarding contact use and I told her I used to wear them until my eyes got dry after a couple of hours of wearing them. She recommended NutraTear (use 3-5 times daily) and Dwelle (one or two drops in the morning and evening).

I've been using it a couple days. It does feel comfortable with them and the first time there was a slight burning sensation. Nothing moderate or severe. Will these drops worsen my effect of halos and starbursts at night?

My eyes are healthy and even some other people I talk to see them. Some people just see them more than others because the way the light bends and hits the nerve (or so I'm told ).

How long should I continue to use these drops? What if I don't have dry eyes and I keep using them? When will I notice a difference (reduction rather) in starburst size at night...a few weeks?

Thanks for the excellent product!

Hi, I'm pleased that NutraTear and Dwelle are helping you. I have a soft spot in my heart for Dwelle. I also have one for Dr. Holly . Dr. Holly is a 'he'...Frank J. Holly, PhD.

Will these drops worsen my effect of halos and starbursts at night?
    Nope.

How long should I continue to use these drops? What if I don't have dry eyes and I keep using them?
    I've used them since Feb. '02. I figure I'll use them until my dry eye goes away . If you don't have dry eye then no big deal. You're giving your eyes a moisturizing treat.
    Cindy

"People may not always remember exactly what you said or what you did, but they will always remember how you made them feel." ~ Unknown

Comment

Working...
    X